Trailblazer Womens 5.5m

4 messages
11/08/2002 at 14:19
Hi, just done the trail near Brighton.

My first cross-country and it was awesome! So many hills to go up, which was hard enough, but that long downward decent was quite something - I think I need advice on how to deal with coming down hills.

Were there any othere forumites there?

Redhead

iron fraggle    pirate
11/08/2002 at 18:16
There's a good article on this site about running up/down hills, gave me lots of useful advice and has made it easier
12/08/2002 at 09:48
Its great to get a trail run down South and especially one for females too! I've done it once before and although its pretty basic its well organised and very friendly. The (mixed) Jog Shop Jog next week uses some of the route - Death Valley and The Snake - but thats a 20 miler!! Anyone know of any other shorter (6/7 miles) trail races in the South?
12/08/2002 at 13:04
Thanks fraggle I'll have a look at that.

Lazybones - I'd need the paramedics if I attempted that! I'm still working up to my first half marathon in September.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.