TrailWalker 2007

Provisionally 14th July

201 to 220 of 273 messages
02/01/2007 at 15:47
eL Bee, it does seem daft to be paying for accomodation half an hour down the road from where I live....just so long as no-one has any dog/cat allergies.

...and the missus won't complain so long as I offer to do all the cooking....
30/04/2007 at 11:23
ba-da-da-doinnnnnng....
30/04/2007 at 11:28
Hello Slowboy :o) How's your training and racing going?

Your t-shirt is at the Cavern. It's a nice tasteful one this time.
30/04/2007 at 11:37
Hiya.

training is...ok ish. The base fitness is there, but lacking pace. Haven't been racing mush at all.

I had to miss Boston...we couldn't afford it this year, which was a real blow to my motivation, so I'm now back into training properly after a fair period of not being very focussed. It'll be interesting to see how I get on at White Peak/Windermere. Fingers crossed should be ok.
30/04/2007 at 11:43
Oh, and I have an 'offishul' team feed me bones vest as well....just need to let it out a bit arounf the arms...the foska vest all seem a bit tight for me, nothing some quick work with a pair of scissors can't cure.
30/04/2007 at 11:59
I can let you have some of the space from around my arm'oles, SB. Mine are more than generously cut!

Shame about Boston :o( We looked you up and didn't find you, and now we know why.

eL Bee! had to defer FLM due to an achilles problem. I ran 4.23.53 at FLM and Heebie ran 4.22.something at Stratford yesterday. We were both hoping to be a bit faster than that. I did suggest that we should ask you and eL Bee! to pace us both to sub-3.45 at White Peak. Fortunately, Heebie didn't call my bluff on that one ;o)

Must arrange to get the vests printed up too!
02/05/2007 at 06:42
I know where calling your bluff can lead...
04/05/2007 at 08:56
Hmm, sub 3:45... perhaps not the best idea with another marathon the next day!!

I was gutted about Boston, but it's just one of those things...I was doubly gutted when I realised the IT project I've been seconded onto was meant to go live at the beginning of next April, which meant I wouldn't be able to go next year either. But we've just had a two month slip in the project plan, hurrah!! so it's all systems go for next year.

Regarding our upcoming two marathon weekend....

I'm likely to come down and stay over in a B&B somewhere near the start of White peak, although nothing is booked yet. Is everyone else just travelling up on the day? Or if you are staying over, can you let me know whereabouts?

Far the evening before Windermere... Amanda is proposing cooking lasagne, I didn't thinkanyone was a veggie, but let me know...or if there's any other dietary requirements...and I'll just repeat the warning about having a houseful of dogs and cats. We keep the hair down to as minimal a level as posisble, but if anyone's got any allergies don't forget your anti-histamines!!
04/05/2007 at 09:10
I'll mail you, SB. At the moment we're planning to come up from Brum on the morning of White Peak. And we're all fairly omnivorous. My post-marathon munchies are indiscriminate - look out, dogs and cats.

eL Bee! has a problem with his other achilles which we're hoping will be fixed in time.
04/05/2007 at 09:38
Finger crossed for eL Bee's achilles....
04/05/2007 at 10:00
Fingers doubly crossed. He's just booked flights for the Berlin marathon :o)
04/05/2007 at 20:09
So I don't need to worry about the cat hair on all my clothes making your house fluffy?
04/05/2007 at 21:00
The animals will go loopy when we all go in reeking of alien cats :o)
08/05/2007 at 12:50
the animals will go loopy anyway.... just brace yourselves, it'll be fine.
27/05/2007 at 18:35
updated blog!
25/06/2007 at 08:09
boing?
12/07/2007 at 09:30
Boing.

Wibble.

Nice reports on the blog btw heebie. Sounds like the RAWW went really well.
13/07/2007 at 07:30
It was good - having the finish in the bar is a feature I'd like to see in more races :o)

(wibble)
iron fraggle    pirate
14/07/2007 at 15:03
If anyone's interested - our team has past 60k in 8.25 hours :o)
15/07/2007 at 14:27
Thanks, Fraggle :o)

We slowed a little in the last 30k (call it a "training need identified") but finished in 15:03:08. Our support crew counted about 15 teams ahead of us, possibly not all intact. We were third mixed team (the winning mixed team set a new event record), and Heebie and I were 3rd and 4th female finishers.

Today we're all walking reasonably comfortably and you'll never guess what we're talking about ;o)

Thanks to Josie Jump, Jeeves and XFR Bear for impeccable support yet again. We have the best support crew ever!
201 to 220 of 273 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.