Trans Britain Ultra 156

7 messages
05/11/2011 at 11:24

Can not believe I have entered this, anybody else?

01/12/2011 at 10:20
Hi Mandy, We currently have 15 people on the start line and expect to have 35 by the time entries close in June. There is a closed facebook group "Trans Britain Ultra" which you should ask to join. This is a group we set up so that people who are training for the 2012 race can ask questions of each other and previous participants.
01/12/2011 at 10:48
Thank you will join up on face book.  Do you have any training plans?
05/03/2012 at 13:42
Mandy, I too have entered this race so am one of the 15.  Having never run more than 8miles in my life until 1 Jan 2012, I am now up to 16 on my long run.  Good progress but a long way to go and am currently at that stage thinking why have I done this!  I haven't seen the Facebook group but will go there now!
05/03/2012 at 13:58

Hi Mark,

Will look out for you on Facebook.  I am not so worried about the miles, its getting lost!

Good going with the training have you got a plan in mind?

I am so looking forward to doing this event.

05/03/2012 at 14:08

I do have a bit of a plan which is BROADLY speaking,

• do a marathon by the end of April (at least the distance if not a race),
  • do 35 miles by the end of June
  • in July to do at least 6 consecutive days of >12miles per day. 

Everything in between is kind of building around that I think. 

How about you and a plan?  Are you an experienced ultra runner with some lessons for me?

This is my 50th birthday treat to myself (!) so I am hoping the body can withstand the strain!

Dark Vader    pirate
17/08/2012 at 20:53

How's it going Mark..?   Feeling confident for your big challenge..?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.