I'll be waiting for you at the finish!
31/08/2005 at 19:08
With or without KY?
31/08/2005 at 19:12
what would you prefer?
31/08/2005 at 19:20

Whatever turns you on, girl??
31/08/2005 at 21:02
Bleep, nothing to suggest you can do this as a team - certainly nobody did it that way last year looking at the results - but you can always ask the organisers.

Lindi, not sure how a circular course can be mostly downhill, but I'm hoping that means box hill is a short sharp uphill shock rather than a long painful climb. I've been practising on the former, so as a seasoned campaigner maybe you can interrupt your wedding preparations and tell me I'm wasting my time! :-)
31/08/2005 at 21:49
I asked last year about teams and they thought about it until the entries closed cause it was full!

I would say the course is about 3m fairly flat, 3m down and 2m up.

The up is not really that steep for most of the up - just long with 3 switchbacks.
It is worth cycling the course before the race if possible as there are some sharp corners, the left turn after you have come down Tot's Hill is a bit tricky as you come at it pretty fast and it can be slippy with leaves on the road.

Transition is in a muddy field at the back of the NT car park and is quite tricky to run in cycling shoes. I did it in trainers last year and am still thinking about whether I should change my pedals back to "flats and straps" instead of changing shoes this year.

One thing I should warn you about is the cold - it was freezing last year! Make sure you have planty of clothes on and especially don't forget your gloves - only a right numpty would attempt this race without gloves and then go shopping part way through the bike leg! (I won't mantion any names!)

31/08/2005 at 22:42

they used to do a relay option but with very limited parking and each team bringing 3 cars it wasn't practical.

they might entertain a few specials tho'.

one year i wore a long sleeved thermal top.. by the end of the first run it was wicking nicely... excet where the fabric wasn't in contact with my skin it had frozen!

brrr
18/09/2005 at 19:06
Just done a recce of the course - Mmmmmmmm .... interesting, very interesting! The hills aren't as bad as expected - any regular cyclist should be able to cope with them. What is of great concern, and something which just dawned upon me today is running the bastards!!
18/09/2005 at 19:20
:-)
18/09/2005 at 20:23
.......... or more to the point, running the bastards after cycling them! My cycling is improving slowly, and has at least gone from pitifully bad to poor. But when I get off the bike, my knees have seized up completely, almost locked into cycling position, and walking is a challenge let alone breaking into a trot.
18/09/2005 at 20:33
its the downhills you want to look out for, they really hammer your legs.
18/09/2005 at 20:51
Multi - give me a shout if you are riding the course again and I'll come to join you.

Hope you also checked out the cake at the NT cafe - fab!
18/09/2005 at 21:51
I'd love to do a TT of three laps to see how I do, but I think I need to spend some time practicing my hill running! Will keep you informed though, Lindi!!
04/10/2005 at 22:42
There's a lively thread on Tritalk for those interested.
04/10/2005 at 22:48
Or we could just spice this one up a bit ;-)

05/10/2005 at 14:23
The Tritalk thread seems to be mainly debating which one of them is going to win :-) All that talk of riding 3 laps in under 1:10 has me envious - I'll be way behind by then.

My vote is for us mere mortals to spice this one up!
05/10/2005 at 14:24
oh and shall i take the TT bike? or the road bike...?

you've got more than one to choose from ?! ;-)
05/10/2005 at 17:05
Don't worry Dave... I'll be draging along at the back with you - Last year the leading guy ran past me as I was still on my final bike loop... so I had to speed up a bit to get up the hill before him.

Still had fun though :-)

I'll be on my winter training bike so will use that as an excuse for being slow.
2 laps in 1:10 is more my style!
06/10/2005 at 09:07
The lead guy lapped a lot of people last year Lindi, he was pretty quick. Looking at it another way though, you got to enjoy the event for a whole hour longer than he did ;-)

For me the 'which bike?' debate comes down to a choice between road bike or folder. I think I know the answer to that one.

Mind you, making everyone do it on old Raleigh Shoppers would even things up a bit.
06/10/2005 at 22:19
I like to make sure I get reasonable value for money out of my events!

Training not going well at the moment as I have a claf injury so can't run... but I did drive up box hill today - does that count?

21 to 40 of 60 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.