Trionium Greensand Marathon

Tough, challenging, scenic

21 to 40 of 99 messages
28/06/2012 at 22:45

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Have any runners got a garmin or garmin connect profile of the course? Please send it to me at rob@trionium.com - thanks!

26/07/2012 at 15:09
I entered this a few weeks ago as I'm running the Luton Marathon in November and wanted to try something different in the run up. However I ran the RH Holmbury Hill Half last Sunday and was amazed at the sheer number of climbs. I ended up run walking a time of 2:06.Suddenly this event is now the big one. Is this similar in terrain and how does anyone have training tips for hilly trail endurance runs? I am a 1: 41 half road runner.
28/08/2012 at 13:07

I did the Leith Hill 1/2 in March and it was a great event, so have entered Greensands. Has anyone else done both and, if so, what should I expect in terms of time comparisons between the 1/2 and the full marathons?

04/09/2012 at 21:06

I cant find my confirmation for entering this race! I enter so many I can't even remember if I entered it or not lol. is there an E-mail address I can use as I can't find anything on the site? what confirmation has anyone else recieved?

Paul. (hangs head in shame!)

04/09/2012 at 22:37
Paul, try info @ trionium dot com.
05/09/2012 at 20:35

Paul, you are in! (Runner list to 4 September now on the web site, under 'Runners').

05/09/2012 at 22:19

Nice one, thanks for that. I can relax now

12/09/2012 at 18:30

Rob, just FYI, although the runners list is available at http://www.trionium.com/greensand/runners.html, there's no actual link to it from the Greensand Marathon main page.

19/09/2012 at 20:25

Hi Rob, Are you still looking for a rpute profile?

19/09/2012 at 20:25

route profile?

QB
20/09/2012 at 08:27

Just entered - couldn't resist with this now the weekend before BHM and having found the Picnic this year to be such a great day (I was going to use 'enjoyed' and 'run' but they really aren't appropriate for the Picnic!)

I'll read through last year's comments to get a sense of what tot expect, but will aim to keep with the masses through to Leith Hill to make the cut off and then ease off completely and try and save whatever I can for BHM...!

20/09/2012 at 16:26

Hi Super Bald Chimp - thanks but a couple of our participants from previous runs provided a profile, which was used in the preview of the Greensand Marathon in the October 2012 issue of Runner's World magazine.

21/09/2012 at 22:43

Does anyone have an idea what your approximate flat half marathon speed would have to be to make the cut-off?

27/09/2012 at 09:06

Hi Dr Rob, sorry to keep pestering you with questions, but are there still spaces for Oct, what time do you think it will fill up?   Reason I ask is that I'm running London - Brighton (57 miles) on Sunday, and want to see if I can still walk before committing to the Greensand.

To everyone else - I ran this a couple of years ago and cannot recommend it enough - brilliant run, and great organisation etc.   If I could only do one organised race over and over, this would be it (genuinely).

27/09/2012 at 09:10

J Hamstrung - here's a guide for you....my flat 1/2 marathon PB is 1h41,  I made the cutoff at Greensand in 58 or 59 mins (can't remember exactly), and finished in 4h43.   I suspect I could have been quicker overall if I hadn't been so worried about missing the cutoff (unnecessarily as it turned out) that I pushed my pace a little over the first quarter.

30/09/2012 at 08:42
Still plenty of places left. The cut off is designed to ensure that everyone finishes within six hours... It's very doable if you can knock off a flattish marathon within four and a half hours of so.

Thanks for the kind words, Klute. Good luck in the L2B!
09/10/2012 at 22:42
Shall I shan't I shall I shan't I?

I can easily knock out a cross country half and my Leith Hill half time was 1:50, midsummer Munro substantially more, 2:20. I can make the cut-off easy, can I do the distance? I'm looking for encouragement here.. What d'ya reckon?
09/10/2012 at 23:18

Snap! Have you done any distnaces longer than a half in training? If you've managed to get up to 20 miles on a few occasions, then I'd say go for it but if you haven't then I'd be tempted to think twice as there's a big difference between a half and a full marathon, especially one as hilly as this one.

10/10/2012 at 01:20
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?
10/10/2012 at 01:35
Dr Rob? When's last day I can enter?
21 to 40 of 99 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.