Trionium Greensand Marathon

Tough, challenging, scenic

61 to 80 of 99 messages
20/10/2012 at 18:18
Just read spectators section on web site, question answered.
20/10/2012 at 18:23

Leith Hill Tower is definitely the best place for spectators - you get to see the runners twice, there are good view and they do tea and cakes from the little shop in the tower!

Along with two stalwart marshals, Nick and Mike, I ran the third quarter this afternoon,  taping and painting. By gad it was tough. It is extremely muddy. You could certainly get away with doing it in trainers (which is what I was wearing), but trail shoes would probably help if you have them.

Good luck all!

20/10/2012 at 18:33
What about Ewhurst Windmill? Good spot? Then they get to see me twice in 10 minutes!
BRM
20/10/2012 at 20:04

Did somebody mention Spencer Davis? One of their first singles (and, for me, their best) was "I Can't Stand It"

"Keep On Running" was, of course, swiftly followed by "Somebody Help Me"

You don't have to be an old git to work here but

BRM
20/10/2012 at 20:49

... it helps!

Leith Hill Tower and Ewhurst Windmill... they can see you going rapidly downhill (literally).

20/10/2012 at 21:09

Going to be muddy tomorrow me thinks. A night of rain will make sure of that.

21/10/2012 at 05:38
Forecast is now for rain all day... Come prepared!
21/10/2012 at 16:41
On my way home after a tough run!

Thanks to all the marshals for standing around in the cold and mud for so long and being so supportive.

Best looking medal yet too!
21/10/2012 at 16:59
At home after the toughest physical experience of my life. Absolutely buzzing. Got the Luton Marathon in a month. Easy. Thanks to all the marshals, all the speedy front runners who gave sloggers like me lots of encouragement.
21/10/2012 at 17:06
My first marathon

I hope that I'm not too sore tomorrow.

Thank you Dr Robert for organising and thanks to everyone else involved.
21/10/2012 at 17:24

Knackering - that's the only word I can use to describe it. Collapsed in a heap at the finish line - just under 3:55 so mission to get under 4 hours accomplished, but by God the last 6 miles were tough despite being downhill. Serious lactic build up meant I was just ticking the miles off and looking forward to getting home.

Like every Trionium race I've done, it was muddy, sadistic and impeccably orgnaised and marshalled. A huge well done to Dr Rob and the team of marshals.

21/10/2012 at 18:48

Dr Rob and Marshall,
just a quick thanks for another excellent race, a bit muddy today but at least the rain held off. Not sure why I live in hope that these races get easier by repeating them...ah well maybe next time

Well done to all finishers too and hat off to the brave ones who chose this as their first marathon!

21/10/2012 at 19:41
Well done to everyone. It was great to see you all at half way, looking really cheery :0).
21/10/2012 at 20:27

What a run, possibly the hardest thing I have ever done. That strecth from Leith Hill back to the ponds was sapping. I know it was all downhill but is destroyed me and as for the Nower I was nearly in tears headed up that. Great race though and I will be back next year for sure

21/10/2012 at 20:45

Thanks for the comments guys - they're really appreciated. Damian, I knew that feeling, in the Snowdonia Marathon a few years ago. Tough old races, for sure.

Results are now up - via the race web site - www.trionium.com/greensand. Make sure you refresh your browser window to see them...

Please remember to rate the race - thanks.

See you all on the hills!

21/10/2012 at 21:52
Dr Rob. Amazing day. FYI, that link is dodgy and sports some errant punctuation.
21/10/2012 at 22:09
http://www.trionium.com/greensand/

Try that link.
21/10/2012 at 22:31

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank-you to Rob and his superb team, for such a brilliant race! Even though I only completed half the distance of you guys, I too thoroughly enjoyed myself in some kind of weird way!! It most definitely was the toughest half-marathon that I have ever done. I take my hat off to everyone who completed the full distance! No doubt that I will return to the Leith Hill half-marathon in March, all going well. Thanks again for everything.

21/10/2012 at 22:33
Happychap, missed your singing.
21/10/2012 at 23:11
Thanks to Dr Rob and the team for a really well run event. It was a fun course and a great atmosphere. I enjoyed the race despite coming a cropper on a rather innocuous flat bit of track so finishing with less than the ideal amount of skin.

Thanks,

Another Dr Rob
61 to 80 of 99 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.