Trionium Greensand Marathon

...including half marathon option

61 to 65 of 65 messages
BRM
14/10/2013 at 13:29

Well done runners! Astonishing performance on a difficult day! Like you, Cooks, I can't wait to get that old sub-3-hour monkey off my back, along with its unpleasant colleagues - the sub-4-hr chimp, the sub-5-hr baboon, the terrible-attitude iguana and the 15-kilogram-overweight Gloucester Old Spot. What they do in my parka hood is just Gothick! Medieval!!

Well done, Rob, as ever. Outstanding, effortless organisation and 15-kw motivation. Words do not do you justice. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Marshals, you were unbelievable. Many thanks for your smiles and friendship.

Not only were the marshals friendly and encouraging and helpful to the runners, they were friendly and warm to the sweeper (namely, me) who turned up late, keeping some of them standing around in the cold and rain for 30 mins after the last runner had passed. That's when the going gets tough - and most of the tough get in their cars and leave. Semper fidelis, boyz and girlz! You are the best of us.

BRM
14/10/2013 at 15:33

Myself and 3 others marshalled at the Coldharbour turn and water station. Nearly 6 hours standing around in the rain passing soggy jelly babies, soggy Jaffa cakes and water to soaked runners. How mad is that? The other 3 were virgin's to Rob's mad events. I had no such excuse and can't say that I would have rather been running in yesterday's conditions.

However, we all really enjoyed it and did feel that we were being useful and many of the runners - tired, wet and cold - made the effort to thank us and some even managed a smile despite it costing them valuable energy.

On behalf of many of the marshals, thank you runners for making it an enjoyable way to spend 6 hours in the rain.

14/10/2013 at 16:05

Strag, we ate our Jaffa Cakes to stop them going soggy.  It was a public service really

15/10/2013 at 00:28

Hi Folks,

Marathon pictures here:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/steveren/collection?album_id=2129049578

As some of you will know, I'm there to support Amanda, not be official race photographer, so I'm afraid there's no guarantee that I've got you and nothing remotely like an index. The only quick way of checking other than looking at all 679 shots is if you know or can work out what time you were at the various points: the bottom of the hill down from The Nower; Leith Hill Tower; Radnor Road car park; the turnaround point; and the same in reverse. The middle part of each photo name is the time it was taken (but add one hour for BST!).

16/10/2013 at 00:08

Bah humbug.

Photobox slideshow isn't working for some reason. You can still look at individual pictures or buy prints, but if you'd just like to see a slideshow, use Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85230594@N07/sets/72157636600059483/show

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 65 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.