Trionium Leith Hill Half-Marathon

Challenging, muddy, scenic...

21 to 40 of 40 messages
15/02/2013 at 10:00

The race is now full - sorry, no waiting list, and no entry on the day. Hope all the training's going well!

15/02/2013 at 13:15

Thanks Strangely! oh, so it looks like the Munro is much toughter. good. I can relax a little bit   good luck with the training everybody and see you on the Hill!

15/02/2013 at 14:41

Yep, see you on the Hill!!!! Can't wait! And, good luck everyone with your training, hope it all goes according to plan.

14/03/2013 at 08:45

I'm really interested in running this if anyone has to pull out? P/M me please!  And might have +1 as my lady is a bit of a speedster! 

15/03/2013 at 11:24

2012 Munro was nails!  I'm hoping this won't make me cry as much.  Looking forward to it!

17/03/2013 at 20:06

It's gonna be very muddy, I think. I wonder if Dr. Rob can enlighten us on the course conditions nearer the day, please? Many thanks.

18/03/2013 at 14:31

I think I’m just reiterating what others have said before me, but I ran the course on Saturday morning and parts of the first couple of miles (which are also be the last couple of miles) were pretty slippery. The worst of it would dry up quite quickly given some dry weather, but I don’t think that is going to happen. Grip was generally not a problem on the rest of the course, but as ever on Wolvens Lane there are puddles. You can weave your way around most of them without leaving the track, but there are 3 or 4 large puddles which are unavoidable (unless you take detours through the Holly bushes) and they are at least ankle deep. I will definitely be wearing trail shoes on Sunday!

If it keeps raining, non swimmers may want to carry a life jacket

23/03/2013 at 10:30

Hi guys!

Unfortunately I won't be able to run tomorrow - caught a bad cold... third time this winter, eh...! I can offer my place to somebody for free. Sorry for the last minute info, I really though I would be able to make it... I'm soooo frustrated!!!!

Anyway, I wish you good luck tomorrow, you may need it

23/03/2013 at 15:06
Hi Agnes,
Please could I take your place,
Let me know.
Thanks
Edward
23/03/2013 at 16:51

Hi Edward!

Of course you can! At least someone will make good use of it. I will email Dr Robert and inform him about you taking my place and send you a message with my phone number just in case. Have a great run tomorrow!

P.S I can't find your email in your profile... If any questions, just write it here. I've already sent email to Dr Robert, hope it's enough.

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 17:01
23/03/2013 at 17:11
Hi Agnes,
thanks, my email address is edward@willisestates.com
if you could email me the details that would be great.
Many thanks
Edward
23/03/2013 at 17:27

I've just been out marking the Leith Hill Tower part of the course with my father (81) - it's like a winter wonderland up there. Hopefully it wil freeze overnight. It'll be cracking if it does.

Mind how you go!

23/03/2013 at 17:42

No doubt it'll be a great challenge, to say the least!!! It won't be an easy one for me, with a condition called Raynaud's Syndrome, which will leave me feeling pretty cold, no matter what I wear. "Tough enough"? Ehm..... I shall find out soon enough!!!

23/03/2013 at 19:40
Goodness, have fun tomorrow everyone. It sounds like it could be a classic.
23/03/2013 at 20:07

It's snowing heavily in Cambs now and it's not melting. I do hope that I will have a good journey down south. It would normally take 2 1/2 hours but with the weather like that it'll take much longer now. Hopefully, the roads will be clear....

23/03/2013 at 21:40

Good luck everyone on your way to the race - drive safely!

24/03/2013 at 16:34
That was good. Plenty of mud to go with the numerous hills. Not too cold as the route is sheltered by the trees until the summit, which was like an ice rink.
Well organised and marshalled, as usual, and the t shirt, cap (great design) and the breakfast were ample reward. Thanks to all involved.
24/03/2013 at 17:27

Yes really enjoyed it - did six minutes faster than my last attempt four years ago, so well pleased. Managed not to go off to fast this time, so was able to enjoy it, especially the second half, it's nice passing people all the way to the finish. 
Great marshalling, full of encouragement and smiles, also thanks Dr Robert for organising...

24/03/2013 at 20:12
I think (no know) that this is my favourite run. Challengly hilly, muddy, wet (some of the puddles splashed around my knees!) and a little icy. Stunning views from the Nower. Wonderfully organised, fantastically marshalled, great facilities and a cooked breakfast. What more could you ask for - oh two hay bales to hurdle on the home stretch - yep got those too! A huge thank you as always to Dr Rob and his team of marshals and helpers. See you next year!
27/03/2013 at 08:04

You're all very welcome!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.