Trionium Midsummer Munro Half-Marathon

Come and have a go...

181 to 200 of 277 messages
09/06/2010 at 13:37
Hi I have a space but am not able to run (wife is on recently arranged hen weeked so I have childcare duties). Please email me at grlane@gmail.com to get in touch.  I think this is OK with organisers but anyone please advise if not.
09/06/2010 at 21:02
Email rob at trionium.com with new runner's DoB, age on race day, email and any medical issues
11/06/2010 at 18:37

I have to drop out as well. Not fully over recent bout of man flu, loss of training ...blah blah ... any other half I would probably do, but not this one.

Will take cost price.

Goes to first person to post "Oh FFS Muttley you're such a wuss", starting from now ... 

11/06/2010 at 21:32

Is anyone else left running this race or am I going to be scoffing a lot of post race food on my own?? Come on Muttley - were you intending to run it anyway? I'm not!

11/06/2010 at 21:33

"Oh FFS Muttley you're such a wuss"

Well, I don't need your place - I've got my own, but thought I'd say it anyway. I'm still suffering from the residue of a sprained ankle but I'm going to give it a go anyway. I'm certainly in no position to race it, but I'm confident I'll get round in one piece!

11/06/2010 at 23:04

Went out for a 5M recovery run which went a bit wrong and ended up as a 17M long run.

PS . "Oh FFS Muttley you're such a wuss".I don't need your place either just felt like saying it

Edited: 11/06/2010 at 23:05
11/06/2010 at 23:21

Youth of today folks..................Man up Muttley

(Gutted for you really Muttley)

12/06/2010 at 01:30

I'm still 'running' - did my last pre-race Box Hill session today and it was not pleasant.  Don't think doing a fast 7 miler yesterday helped.

I passed someone up on White Hill who I assume was training for the Munro, was it any of you lot?  I was wearing a red Nike top and sweating a LOT.

12/06/2010 at 14:04

Hi Rob,

I just checked the full list of runners for this years Munro but I'm not on it. You have confirmed me as a runner verbally (Re: Leith Hill marshalling) so I hope all is well on the day.

As ever I am mad for it and just love the whole commarardary and complete lunacy of your events so I'll get my 'fix' and kicks with you all on Box Hill next week..!

12/06/2010 at 16:38

Hi

As I am unable to do the run next Saturday, I do still have my place to transfer if anyone wants it. I have confirmed that transfer is ok with Rob the organiser. At this late stage I am prepared to accept £25 for the place (I paid £34!). Email me on rupert_davies@yahoo.co.uk (rupert underscore davies) if you are interested. I will email you my confirmation of place email to identify that I have a place. Once you have confirmed you want the place, I will just need to email Rob your DOB etc and then place is yours.

Good luck!

12/06/2010 at 23:14
...must start training soon...
13/06/2010 at 11:54
Too late now, you'll just have to suffer
Edited: 13/06/2010 at 11:54
14/06/2010 at 07:34

Yikes............ the time is almost nigh, I've done my last long hilly training run, and despite a gammy right knee, and a 3 week break in training due to said knee and man-flu I think I'm close to being ready......

My fund-raising is not in quite as good shape, but time for another push........

GO's JustGiving page (soon to be featured in the August edition of the RunnersWorld mag!)

14/06/2010 at 11:06
Got more bandages ready for the ankle over the weekend - I'm reeeeady......
14/06/2010 at 13:45
Oh yeah - lose weight, run up lots of hills...  Oh well, ne'er mind.  Should be a fun day out! 
14/06/2010 at 19:14
I've "run" into a bit of bother - some kind of potentially fatal man-flu. All-over aches last Wednesday, rested 'til Saturday when I did a 10 miler. I was absolutely knackered after (and it was slow and flat). Still feeling duff today but heading in the right direction now. Going to take it easy all week and keep fingers crossed! Hopefully if I do run I can use this as an excuse for a poor performance!
14/06/2010 at 22:59
...bet I have got more injuries than you nah nah etc. Anyone out there running without an excuse?
15/06/2010 at 09:36

Anyone got some 'top tips' for eating before the race?   All the other races I've done in the past have been the traditional early Sunday morning so the logical pasta for dinner the night before followed by a large bowl cereal for breakfast has allways stood me in good stead.

So the question is- do you go for a large pasta lunch for energy or keep it light to prevent feeling sick (and needing a crap!) halfway round the course?

15/06/2010 at 09:50

Simon,

I've got used to afternoon races with cross-country and track.  I would have a big (pasta) dinner the night before and a good brekky, then a light lunch, e.g. sandwich, banana, about three hours before, and obviously keep the liquids up.  It's a long race but if you've eaten well the day before and rested up, your glycogen levels should be well topped up.

15/06/2010 at 13:31

ANOTHER DROP OUT - ENTRY AVAILABLE

Not me but a friend - email me if you want his place.....   andrewcdwfc@yahoo.co.uk

I am still running (sort of).  My worry is going down the last flightof stairs.

181 to 200 of 277 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.