Trionium Midsummer Munro

Midsummer Munro 'ultra-half'

21 to 40 of 130 messages
27/03/2013 at 11:02

I'm in, might be a bit tired for the London to Brighton bike ride though

08/04/2013 at 17:10

I am posting this here, as unable to find contact details for the race.

Having entered I am now unable to run due to having to be in another country for work Not sure if a refund is possible? Or if I can get my entry put into 2014 instead? Anyway just wanted to let the race know that I wouldn't be using my entry.

Thanks

Kathryn Elmer

10/04/2013 at 17:21

Hi Dr R - quick question - will there be a run through for the race this year? - i think some training would be a good idea. thanks

17/04/2013 at 21:19
Hi bryano and all... I don't think I'll be able to do a run-through this year, sorry. However, don't let this stop you going out to do the first half of the course - the outward leg - and running back along the road. Or even the full course..... The course map is on the web site. Good luck!
18/04/2013 at 08:52

Thanks for the update - perhaps I'll give it a go alone.

18/04/2013 at 20:49

Just signed up for the mm. Do a fair bit of running over Headley but this looks like another level.

19/04/2013 at 10:26

Closed my eyes and pressed the enter button. I am in now. All the memories are flooding back. Lots of steps .... My favourite half marathon from last year, also my worst half marathon time ever..........

24/04/2013 at 23:38

After the Ultra last year I'm back for the half this year, bring it on !!!!

It's an amazing course and so easy to get to from London, I ran the half course last weekend and i was in more pain after it than after the CTS sussex marathon a few weeks. It's a stinker but it hasn't put me off.

25/04/2013 at 21:53

Cycled up zig zag earlier today. Twice. Had a sneaky glimpse up the first hill. Blimey! Will be running parts of thecourse soon enough.

Whats with the 4pm start time though?

26/04/2013 at 14:28

Looking for some advice as to whether I should enter this or not please? I also did the Sussex Half earlier this month and really enjoyed it. I looked for another hilly half and found this one but scared by some of the comments from previous years!! Is it doable for a 31 year old female who does 2 hr half marathons usually?!

26/04/2013 at 15:37

James - 4pm start time in order to avoid the midday 'heat' of the British Summer

Janine - you'll be fine . . . just don't treat it as another hilly half and have any time in mind (as a circa 1:50 half marathoner, I completed the 2011 Munro in 2:56:57!). Do plenty of hill training, pace yourself on the day and have fun!

28/04/2013 at 18:06

Thanks Strange. Its a friends birthday that weekend so usually any event organised to that end means it lashes down with rain. Cue the late June heatwave this year!

Ran the first part of the course today untill I missed a right turn after the Smith N Western, then i made it up after that. Still racked up 10k and 470m of elevation gain.

The hamstrings of fire. That is all.

16/05/2013 at 17:30

I have done it 3 times including the 'ultra ultra' last year and it is an absolute killer! A sense of humour and the ability to suck it up is essential as the course profile is beyond silly!

Good luck to all of you

16/05/2013 at 17:32

Hellrider done last week. Not so hilly

27/05/2013 at 22:58

This will be my 4th time- fantastic run!

A friend and I did a run-throug this morning and there are two trees blocking the path at different places- both between Smith and Western and Juniper Bottom.

Any chance someone has a chainsaw and a need for firewood?

Otherwise the course is in pretty good shape. I did 10 miles of it... 3 more and the job could have been done.

28/05/2013 at 07:48

I thought I recognized that name ... Travis, are you the chap who kindly stopped and helped me up after I took a tumble last year? I skinned my shoulder very nicely, on the stony chalk path about 100 yards from the finish.

If so, thank you Sir - you're a true gent

30/05/2013 at 15:04

Muttley- I love the cartoon character. Yes, I did help a runner near the end which must have been you. Thank you for the kind words- it made me blush! Random acts of kindness are supposed to be anonymous!

Let's hope you don't need to return the favour!

P.S. Does anyone else salute the Major when running past?

01/06/2013 at 11:42

Managed 20th last year in the special Olympic edition - which required super human effort as I'm in my mid fifties! Not as fit this year but still 'looking forward' to it in a perverse,masochistic way. I don't know how many steps are in this years run but it took me months to forget them last year - recurring nightmare!

07/06/2013 at 08:43

Hi all,

There will be a run-through this year, after all, on Sunday 9 June. We will leave at 4pm from the race start, and will do the outward leg only (at half way we will return along the road back to the start). This will take approximately 2 hours - we will be going slowly and stopping regularly. No drinks provided - provide your own. All welcome (including well-behaved dogs and friends).

Rob - organiser

10/06/2013 at 17:04

The run-through was a great laugh - around 15 people turned up and we had a very nice run around the first half of the course.

The race is now full and entry is closed. Sorry, there is no waiting list and no entry on the day.

Hope the hill training is going well!

21 to 40 of 130 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.