tromso polar half marathon

running in the cold!

5 messages
17/11/2012 at 13:13

Having done the easy part and entered the race, I am now looking for advice of what the best gear I need to run a race in what could be harsh conditions. If anyone has done this race or something similar, I would be very grateful of any advice.

11/12/2012 at 22:13
Layers and wool.
The weather in Tromso might be very similar to the winter here. If you run in the evening you will be able to test what works best for you. Good luck! I'm hoping to run it as well.
17/12/2012 at 09:03

Take a look at this thread. It's a lot warmer place than you might expect, due to the Gulf Stream.

17/12/2012 at 14:33

Sound advice as always, Steve C   I've read all your forum posts about the Polar Half and have put together a few outfits to cater for all eventualities. You've been very helpful. Thank you. 

Are you running the race this year?

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 14:33
17/12/2012 at 14:35

I doubt it, but I often get tempted At least, I haven't booked as of now, Lilia.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.