TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca

Oct 2010 - My big challenge...

21 to 40 of 168 messages
WR
07/04/2010 at 17:07
Hi Paul, i've been in Mallorca at the beginning of october a couple of times and the temp then is usually high teens and i don't remember it raining.
08/04/2010 at 08:27
WR- thanks, must admit, I am tempted!
09/04/2010 at 19:55

Hi WR I when to Mallorca in Oct 2007 and we got one day that flooded some roads in Alcudia!

Saying that I'm looking to enter my first marathon and so far this looks quite good. I can also convince the Mrs with the promise of a holiday!

Not sure were I would stay though... Only been up North... Very very tempting!

WR
09/04/2010 at 21:41
Hi Tony, i quite often stay in Ca'n Pastilla, close to the airport but have been looking at expedia and some good deals at the sol melia hotels on the coast about a mile from the cathedral. Haven't booked yet but looking at staying there. Yep normally the wife can't be bothered going but she's happy to go to Palma!! Booked tickets with easyjet from Belfast for £51 each.
11/04/2010 at 22:06

WR, just being checking out the route and I maybe tempted to stay at Playa de Palma. Looks close and also on the route itself.

Mrs has agreed, so looks like I will book a week out there!

15/04/2010 at 21:13
Por favor

I'm in for this as my first marathon... Entry booked, flights & hotel - and I'm taking the scenic route back via Barcelona!

Quick question for those who have entered & paid, I entered on the 8th April, now the 15th but my credit card has not been charged yet? I'm on the participants list though... Anyone else had this delay after paying?

Cheers!
24/05/2010 at 20:51

GeeForce - did this issue get resolved?

I've entered the full, and my wife entered the half on 9th May. Its now the 24th, and still no payment on my card. I got an email saying we are registered though.

I emailed the marathon organisers to see if there was a problem, but no-one has replied as of yet

24/05/2010 at 23:26

Same for me payless, received confirmation e-mail but no money taken from my account, their website down today also it seems. Booked my flights and hotel so hope no problems with the run itself. 

25/05/2010 at 06:53

Just tried the website and its still down.

I also emailed Thomson Sport to see if they could help - unfortunately, they said tht the organisation was nothing to do with them - its up to TUI marathon to get back to me.

Flights are booked, hotel is booked, training schedule planned, just need the entry fee paid so I can enter into this without worrying!

25/05/2010 at 09:40
Website is back up and running, looks a bit more promising. Looking forward to this run, did the Dublin Marathon in 2006 and enjoyed it. Been to Majorca on many occasions and Palma is a lovely place. If anyone has any information on the run, tips etc it would be appreciated. We fly out on the Saturday morning from Manchester and return on the Monday evening, staying in the middle of Palma, so should be a good base.
25/05/2010 at 12:00

Nope - still haven't had a payment taken from my card...

I emailed the address on the confirmation email, (info@tuimarathon.com) asking if my registration was OK as my card had not been charged yet, the replied on 19th April with, (quote)

"yes, that is correct. The Entry was not charged yet. But it will be during the next weeks. Please do not worry!"

I'm on the List Of Participants though, but I notice there appear to be 2 websites now?

http://www.tuimarathon.com/_eng/index.html

and

http://www.tui-marathon.com/_eng/start_en.html

I registered with the first one, (which also has the "List Of Participants" link) I think I will email them again later today

26/05/2010 at 17:01

I sent them an email yesterday - but as of yet, no reply.

Hope they take the money soon, the credit card I used expires next Monday..............!!!!

Might have to ring them tomorrow

22/06/2010 at 09:42

Looks like the money came out of my account today - entered 4 April

Looking forward to it

22/06/2010 at 14:17

Just checked my credit card account and - finally, my card has been charged too  

At least I'm more confident now that I don't get a puzzled Mallorcan saying "Que?" to me when I turn up on Saturday afternoon to register!

16 weeks to go...

23/06/2010 at 21:05

Glad to see there is a good british presence at this. Count me in!!

Second marathon and looking forward to bit of summer training-starting monday!!

Better check they taken my money though!

24/06/2010 at 19:32

Started my training this week!!!!!

stil not had the money taken from account though (paid on 9th May)

Managed to get Drs certificate - nice to know that all the booze hasn't affected me (yet)

WR
24/06/2010 at 23:12
Do you need a doctors cert. for the Palma marathon? Had a few quiet weeks since a couple of marathons last month but now back into training.
I assume my money has come out, haven't checked or remember how I paid it.

Good luck WR
25/06/2010 at 15:37

Hmmm. interesting, this is off the T&C

Participation is at own risk. Adequate training, the requisite

health and physical condition including a doctor’s certificate

thereof are mandatory

Well spotted...! I wonder if they'll want to see this at the registration event then...?

25/06/2010 at 17:31

Hi Guys

That's a good spot - I'd better make sure I've got this covered - could you imagine it?  You turn up ready and raring to go and they don't let you run...

I'e had a calf problem, then hay feer/asthma so training has been curtailed to about 5k to 10k per week.  I may need to go for the half-marathon instead.

25/06/2010 at 18:41

When I went to the Doctors, I got the feeling he was pleased to do me a certificate saying I was fit enough - I think it made a change from the usual sicknotes and repeat prescriptions!

21 to 40 of 168 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.