TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca

Oct 2010 - My big challenge...

61 to 80 of 168 messages
30/08/2010 at 21:49
Thanks for the welcome WR, we've been lurking for quite a while...
07/09/2010 at 19:37

Trainings not going well, i fell down the stairs at home (i was sober!), and have bruised ribs/hip and twisted and bruised ankle.

I'm not able to run at the minute, damn i can hardly walk so i think i will try for the half only!!

Hope everyone else is having better luck.

07/09/2010 at 22:05
Money finally been taken, its on my credit card statement..5 weeks to go!
08/09/2010 at 15:11
Yikes 5 weeks and I can hardly walk!!
08/09/2010 at 19:32
It's all getting more real now... I've just had a registration confirmation email from the organizers with registration info and my race number on (327).

You can have your own food at the aid stations apparently - anyone for chips @ 33km?

09/09/2010 at 21:57

snap-F102

Trying an 18 miler with 14 at marathon pace sunday-will be a toughy without anyone breathing down my neck!

Just hoping to stave off those niggly pains from full blown injury for last couple heavy weeks.

WHR-lots arnica and gin would be my prescription!!

09/09/2010 at 23:27

HI there.

I have had to pull out of the Venice marathon the week after this on October 25th because of a bridge phobia.

Am looking for another marathon to do . Can you give me any information abou this Its not on Marathon guide .com

I would have to fly out of Dublin on saturday and arrive at about 7.30pm. Flight back ont eh sunday is about 6pm.

Is it accessible to the airport? Is it flat , hilly , etc. Big crowds> any information would be great. website doesnt say much about it.

Thanks in advance.

10/09/2010 at 06:52

Fizziofinn

This is a flat marathon part along the seafront and then through palma. Temp 15-20 degrees so hopefully not too uncomfortable! Do not know about amount support but hopefully enough!!

Am just going for weekend and think you could make on the timing of your flights. Not sure about accessibility of airport but am flying in to palma airport so taking a taxi to expediate things.

Quite a few oversea runners-mainly german and british.

Hope to see you there!!

10/09/2010 at 08:54

hi all

not long left now till the big day!!!

iv just recieved a letter saying that there was a prob with money takan from my visa,and for me to pay into another account!! but the day later recieved my confimation email with number and all info??!!has any one else had this letter???

looking forward to to my first san miguel after the race allready 

see u all on the startin line the 17th

10/09/2010 at 09:25

brimps, Might just give this serious consideration. They take entries up to the day before So I might just see how training goes and maybe rush in at the last minute.

Wll keep you followed here anyway.

Thanks

10/09/2010 at 18:56

hi alan,

I have received no letter just the confirmation e-mail. Perhaps a clarification e-mail to the organisers?

Not long now!!

10/09/2010 at 22:10
Good luck Brimps contacting the organisers, i've not had much success. Was there a pdf attached to the e-mail. I got mine yesterday - e-mailed them about the possibility of transferring to the half - but haven't heard back.
11/09/2010 at 15:59

I did contact the organisers, as payment had not been taken (it now has) and have also received confirmation email. I received a reply to my query two days after I had emailed them, the contact given was:

Nadine Schack
TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca
Runners Support Service

c/o eichels: Event GmbH
Leinstr. 31
D-30159 Hannover

info@tuimarathon.com

11/09/2010 at 19:56
I'll try contacting Nadine then, cheers!!
13/09/2010 at 10:43
We've had e-mails and attachments with race numbers for the half. Getting closer...
13/09/2010 at 10:56
Getting very close! Got the Great North Run this coming weekend so that's taken the focus off the Palma Marathon. A tough month ahead. Looking forward to it though, and been searching the internet for suitable bars for afterwards, think I'm looking forward to that bit the most. 
13/09/2010 at 13:01
good look in the half ged.....let me no if u find any good bars for the post race drink!!lol
14/09/2010 at 09:43

I'm out, i have a tear in my glutes and tear in my right hamstring and nerve damage after falling down the stairs last week, still sore to walk and have been told by the physio no running for 6- 8 weeks. So my weekend in Palma now consists of supporting and drinking san miguel.

Good luck to you all!! WR

15/09/2010 at 15:59
WR - Sorry to hear about your injuries.  We'll still have to try and enjoy a post-race drink or three.
16/09/2010 at 22:00
Cheers Andy, hope the training is going well!
61 to 80 of 168 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.