TUI Marathon Palma de Mallorca

Oct 2010 - My big challenge...

81 to 100 of 168 messages
18/09/2010 at 18:47

WR- bad luck-hope you recover quickly-always another race/year so enjoy the down time

I have developed a cold which has made legs feel like concrete so severely reduced mileage this week-hoping it won't derail things too long as so near and still couple heavy weeks to fit in!!

Have managed to book a hotel within crawling distance of the finish line as think I am going to need it! 

18/09/2010 at 18:54
Cheers Brimps, at least I can have a couple of beers tonight!!
20/09/2010 at 07:39

WR - It's going slowly rather than well and I've droppd down to the half marathon now as I've had various ailments that have knocked training on the head, including the most recent an annoying cough that won't shift.........

Looking forward to the week away though..

20/09/2010 at 20:49
Have also switched to the half, they replied to my e-mail after 3 weeks. No running for over 2 weeks due injury but hoping now I can make it.
21/09/2010 at 08:12
Everything is crossed for you WR - we can hopefully plod round, enjoy the half then relax in the sun - I'm such an optimist!!!
22/09/2010 at 07:59
Tried to run last night but hip just too sore - and against medical advice - looks like it might just be sun and san miguel for me.
23/09/2010 at 11:23

Seems like a lot of injuries going around, thoug I guess we're into the "danger period" of training now!

I'm still up for the full 26.2 miles - and am hoping it won't be me vs thousands of Germans, (I've looked at the results from last year and there seems to be A LOT of them)

I'll be in my Fetch vest, doing it for the UK and probably found near some establishment serving san miguel or corona near the finish

23/09/2010 at 12:45
Good luck GeeForce, managed 200 metres with the kids yesterday but looks like i'm out!!
23/09/2010 at 13:01

I'll be starting the 26.2 with you GeeForce, I just hope I finish it! Training going okay, enjoyed the Great North Run despite the torrential rain afterwards.

I'm looking forward to the weekend that much, I've tagged along an extra day! Returning back to Manchester on the Tuesday night now, so plenty of time for a few San Miguels! I'll deserve them.

26/09/2010 at 19:56
cidersurfer wrote (see)
We've had e-mails and attachments with race numbers for the half. Getting closer...

Well, we've just discovered that I've got an e-mail and attachment but other half hasn't. She's just e-mailed them to ask what's going on!
26/09/2010 at 20:36

Geeforce and Ged K am with you on the start line-will help you shift a few of those german towelsWhat times are you going for?

Did my last 20 miler today and now starting to taper.Just relieved have managed to get through heavy weeks without a calamitious injury.

Hope to see you at the start line

27/09/2010 at 15:16

Hi brimps! Did my last 20-miler last weekend too, looking forward to that taper madness in the final 7 days already...

My absolute dream time will be sub 3:30, so 3:29:59 will do just fine - it's ambitious for my first marathon - but it's my "A" race this year so I'm going for it!

I realised on Saturday that my race kit, (Fetch vest / black shorts) seems to have a lot of Black / Red and Yellow in it - strikingly similar to the German national flag's colours!

27/09/2010 at 15:33

My dream time would be half hour after you GeeForce. It will be my 2nd marathon, the first being Dublin 4 years ago when I came in on 4 hours and 7 minutes. Anything around 4 hours I'll be happy with. Think I'm doing okay on the training front, getting the miles in, been free of injuries up to now (touch wood) and really looking forward to it.

I'll steer clear of black, red and yellow. I think they'll be enough of those colours running around by the sound of things!

27/09/2010 at 19:42
Just found this on the TUI website - check out the course profile!!!

http://www.tui-marathon.com/_eng/strecke/set/profile.pdf

Not sure about that hill during 8 - 14 km
27/09/2010 at 20:06

This is my second marathon. Did 3.58 on hilly course in May.Was aiming for 3.30 but race times make it look more like 3.45 depending on the heat factor! Will hang on to your coat tails Geeforce

That hill is more like a bump-only 20 m height in all-chose this marathon as claims to be flat! Lets hope I won't eat my words!!!

29/09/2010 at 21:33
cidersurfer wrote (see)
cidersurfer wrote (see)
We've had e-mails and attachments with race numbers for the half. Getting closer...

Well, we've just discovered that I've got an e-mail and attachment but other half hasn't. She's just e-mailed them to ask what's going on!

Other half has received hers now...
04/10/2010 at 20:03
Been keeping an eye of weather forecast in mallorca-still 23-just hope there is a cooling sea breeze as heat and running doesn't mix for me! Started my carb loading already-most enjoyable part of marathon training!
11/10/2010 at 07:54

Hope everyone is well - counting down now!!!

I managed to plod round the Royal Parks Half yesterday so I'm hoping to do the same in Majorca.  I am so looking forward to the post-race San Miguels.......

11/10/2010 at 13:12

Can't believe it- come out with cold/flu symptoms today-16 weeks intensive training and this happens!! Am hoping to shake it off by sunday but who knows! Will go and have to play it by ear!

Looked at forecast-20 degrees at 9 am and 23 at 12 (when I will still be going) hotter than I bargained for!

Andyp - mines a sangria!

12/10/2010 at 11:28

Brimps - is that at each drink station or after the event?

I hope your sniffles are nothing more than pre-race phantom symptoms.....

81 to 100 of 168 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.