Two Castles Run 10K

Advice needed please!

61 to 66 of 66 messages
08/06/2004 at 11:45
I was one of those people behind you FE, or I was until someone pointed out a conveniently placed discreet bush !! Once we'd finished our erm business, there was actually a queue for the bush and just to prove that although we might be runners we still have a certain sense of decorum, there was actually a ladies bush and a man's bush (so to speak) !! How very British !

Great race, loved it all (and only my second ever) but agree the organisation at the start and finish could have been better. All in all a fab time and the support was tremendous.

Did anyone else spot 'Ian Beale' off Eastenders watching at the side of the road in Warwick (no I was not delirious, it WAS him!) ...
Rup
08/06/2004 at 12:38
They told us to be there at 8, though, and didn't bother opening the toilets until 8:15 or 8:20 which is why the queue started so big. Toilets at the start are always going to be a problem unless they're going to hire portaloos.

I thought the race start was a bit of a shambles too - I wasn't that far back but I hear the tannoy or see the very front to know what was going on. When we did get moving there was no definite 'go' line to start my watch from - I guess it was the iron gates?

All in all good fun day and I would do it again. Knew I was off form but still a bit disappointed with my time :-( I blame the heat :-)

They posted about 60 MB of photos on the website yesterday and you couldn't really pick out the faces from the thumbnails - I guess people must have downloaded all the full images to look through. (I did think about doing that myself - good thing I didn't, or I'd feel really guilty now!)
10/06/2004 at 14:44
Still no results does anyone have any idea when they will be ???
10/06/2004 at 19:48
I did find the photos toaday and had a quick look, then the page went down again. I think it can't take the traffic (or something techincal).
Rup
13/06/2004 at 15:26
The results are up now on http://www.twocastlesrun.org.uk/

I managed 544th of 1500 finishers so just outside top third. That's not too bad, I suppose, but I'm still a bit annoyed at the time - I wanted 50 mins, perferably closer to 45, and I've done much better times in training since - albeit flatter courses. Oh well. Maybe it'll be better next year now I know the course - do they change it round much?
Rup
13/06/2004 at 15:28
Actually, twocastlesrun.org.uk seems dead now - direct link to results:

http://www.tallfamily.co.uk/kenilworthrotary/archives/two-castles-run-archive/2004/2castlesresults2004.pdf

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 66 of 66 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.