Ullswater Trail Race 14K

3 messages
07/11/2012 at 11:35

Very well organised, very friendly competitors, relaxing steamer ride there (albeit running a little late!). The course was quite challenging for a trail running newby like me but I loved every minute of it (apart from that climb up the rock stairway for the final summit!!). The weather was superb, the views were breathtaking and I can't recommend the lakeland trails series enough! The technical t-shirt was good quality and a nice momento of the day.

There was a real mixed bag of abilities which I found really inspiring as I didn't feel out of my depth.

I'll definately be back next year for the full series!!

07/11/2012 at 18:07

Longboy - totally agree - did this last year, Helvelyn race on the Saturday then this race on the Sunday, fantastic . Would recommend their marathon if you have not done it before - tough but worth it.

14/11/2012 at 20:22

Tigerspaw, might be  a bit to far for me at the moment but who knows!! I'm finishing off the season at the cartmel sticky choc run in December, a nice "finish" to the year!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.