Urbanathlon

21 to 39 of 39 messages
14/07/2008 at 08:45
IT was a fun run compared to Tough Guy but it might be a good warm up for that. I'll be nursing more cuts and bruises in a fortnights time when I've done TG.
14/07/2008 at 09:19
Good fun and some nice scenery but the value for £38 was very poor.  Obstacles need to be tougher if they do it again as they were a breeze!
14/07/2008 at 13:42

I did enjoy the Urbanathlon but the obstacles were too few and far between.  For £38 I expected a lot more from the event, and where was the water at the end of the run ! 

I'm now looking forward to The Prestwich Challenge on 31 Augustwhich I have run for the last 5 years.  It's a similar event, but longer with more obstacles, the goody bag is up there with the best, the T Shirts fit you because you gave them your details before the race and for only £15 it is a great experience.

14/07/2008 at 16:19

Was interested in doing that one, got the fyer yesterday. Will enter now it comes recommended.

Thanks TJ2

14/07/2008 at 17:05

I ran the Urbanathlon yesterday with a few others (if you are interested) here is what we thought:  http://www.ransacker.co.uk/blog/2008/07/14/team-ransacker-get-dirty/

I think the event really needs to find its feet and decide what it wants to be. At the moment its too easy for Tough Guy competitors and too expensive for someone wishing to give it a try. Saying that we had a great day out, will be back in 2009 but are now looking for something more challenging.

Glad to see you mentioned the Prestwich Challenge Toby; we will definitely try and get a team together for that. Any other suggestions?

Edited: 14/07/2008 at 17:06
14/07/2008 at 18:04

There was plenty of water when I finished, Toby (I know as I was avoiding the milk shake table). Were you in one of the later races?

It's so frustrating still not having the results, isn't it? 

The Prestwich Challenge sounds great. I'll do it if I'm not away for the weekend. 

14/07/2008 at 20:06
I've done the Prestwich Challenge before and it's a great event but much harder than the Urbanathlon. Be prepared to lose the skin off your knees as you crawl through concrete drain pipes. I don't recommend it to anyone who is claustrophobic or doesn't like heights.
14/07/2008 at 21:28
Sounds great
15/07/2008 at 12:38

Just seen that the results for this wont be available until the Friday 18th of ..... SEPTEMBER!!!!  Please tell me I'm wrong!?!?!

Hopefully would have had the results for the Prestwich Challenge by then!!!

15/07/2008 at 22:21
It says the 18th of July on the website, although that's bad enough.
16/07/2008 at 12:35

Guys,

We'll be doing a race report on this race for the magazine. Would it be possible for all of you who have contributed to this thread so far (and indeed anyone else who ran the race) to go back and enter a rating (and comment) for this so that we can add our usual "RW onlne rating" line in the report?

Many thanks

Kerry

16/07/2008 at 13:24

Kerry,

I tried to rate it, but I think there's a technical fault with the rating it sends you to. It doesn't show 2008 as a possible Race Year. 

Joanne. 

16/07/2008 at 14:03

Hi Joanne,

Thaks for trying. I just tested it and it seems to be working fine now, with 2008 listed as an option - so please try again and if it gives problems this time let me know and I'll get our web team onto it.

Thanks, Kerry

18/07/2008 at 09:20
Still no results posted, I see....
18/07/2008 at 09:44

I know its becoming a joke! I heard from the race promoter yesterday and he said that they would be online today - "technical difficulties"................

I dont think i have ever waited this long for results before, apart from my degree!! LOL

18/07/2008 at 10:13

Guys,

I've spoken to the race promotor myself and they assure me that results will be on their website today, definitely.

Also, thanks to those of you who have tried to rate this race - our web team tell me that we have technical difficulties of our own with this one, which should be fixed on Monday so if you could come back and try rating it then, that would be much appreciated.

Kerry

18/07/2008 at 10:42
Kerry, I think there may be two entries for the race, and maybe even two lots of ratings, but my rating and a fair few others was appearing when I checked yesterday.
19/07/2008 at 19:02

The results are now up, well sort of, they've got me as a non-runner!! Cheers for that.

The cherry on the top of a disappointing event that they have blamed everybody else for!!!

21/07/2008 at 09:40

God, it is rubbish...... what do you mean that they've blamed everyone else for it, though?

And aren't there any photos? I did see a photographer in the City Stadium at least. 

We are actually second place in the Community Teams. I'm not holding my breath for an amazing prize, though.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 39 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.