Valencia marathon 2012

61 to 80 of 167 messages
12/10/2012 at 12:04
Good luck to all racing this weekend, looks like weathers good
12/10/2012 at 12:39

Hi. I think i've entered this, but does anyone know where you can check on the website whether you are definitelty in? I can't find the link to it anywhere, so grateful if anyone who knows where it is could post the link. Thanks.

12/10/2012 at 12:57
I just got a confirmation of entry email
12/10/2012 at 17:37

Hi all,

I just got a email confrirmation also Alan doesn give you that peace of mind hey.

Tywyn is a tricky off road course true enough David tho once upon a time I beat the train and it comes in at 1 47 ish, tho its beat me twice since. it intrigues me to know what causes the big variation in my finishing times although I suppose losing a trainer in the mud cost me 30 seconds!

completed congleton half with a decent time of 1 30 34 last sunday tho strictly speaking am 34 seconds over time if i want to get under 3 at valencia, its gonna go down to the wire! hope the breeze is blowing the right way in spain.

liverpool marathon on sunday chance to get some miles in the legs and targetting a time around 3 10- 3 15

happy training all, good luck

12/10/2012 at 17:50

bloody great time at congleton Huw, good effort. 34secs is neither here or there really, i'd bank that one as a good omen for valencia. good luck sunday too, keep an eye on your wallet running those scouse streets

i'm running oxford half on sunday and weather forecast good. i'm already on my second friday night beer, gotta make sure those carbs get in the system some how!!

13/10/2012 at 16:53
Really pissed off, woke up this morning to non stop sneezing and rivers of snot, so suspect Cardiff HM tomorrow is looking dodgy for me, see how I feel in morning before making a decision ...
13/10/2012 at 20:03
Nice to see there'll be some UK people there! Me too

Cardiff Half for me tomorrow too, (my home town) though it'll be a jog as I'm off to do Palma marathon next weekend...

Hope to see some of you for a Cerveza at the finish!

Vamos...
14/10/2012 at 14:09
Well that went ok, I was hoping to run 1:25 at Oxford half this morning but managed 1:22:28 and 9th AG so well chuffed

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/233252047

I felt really good, the only things I did different were have a packet of salt and vinegar crisps 30 mins before, and ran with my shorts back to front, which I realised one minute before the start :lol:

Hope this time bodes well for Valencia next month.

MoooooooooooseT, how's the cold? Did you manage to race?
How did you go Huw with the mara, hopefully you hit your target.
GeeeM, good to have you on board, the more the merrier, how was the half?
14/10/2012 at 14:14
Well done David great effort, the power off fried potato is under appreciated in my opinion.

Nope didn't race still sneezing my head off, so gave it a miss, really annoyed as felt in great shape and it is gorgeous day here today, hey ho

Hope everyone else had a good one

Mt
14/10/2012 at 14:50
Probably best to ease off for a few days, wise choice. It's always frustrating when you're feeling physically, 'on it,' but the enforced rest will definitely do you good.
Eat more crisps!
14/10/2012 at 14:58
Went for the curry option last night, seems to be helping !
15/10/2012 at 06:00

1 22! David I would give you a standing ovation if I never had symmetrical blisters good effort your near the money prizes! It can only bode well for V! Right am gonna eat a walkers crisps multi pack before spain and go for gold!

Liverpool marathon in 3, 28 yesterday I really enjoyed it first one for 2 years iam gonna do plenty more in my life when they feel this good.

I relise I have to pull my socks up for valencia. For me theres alot of 'unknowns' for me to gauge my performance and learn from I think liverpool maybe a tough course going off the winners time. I simply dont have 'it' at the moment for the 2nd half of a marathon. My half split was 1 34 was comfy and was intending to pick up but avg 9 min miles for the 2nd half.

How does everyone mimic the 2nd half of a marathon in training? or should i nudge down my half time? I know I can tweek this in my life time to under 3!!! No injuries tho am taking the positives from this run out. I suppose it does nt have to be a game of two halves does it, tho thats how it went yesterday first half 7 40 min miles 2nd half 8 40 min miles

15/10/2012 at 08:29

Cheers Huw, yep sports crisps all the way buddy,

Good work on liverpool, i've heard its a tough course. Regarding second half approach in training, i know a few fellas do progressive long runs, i.e start out say 30-45 seconds  off MP then gradually build to run the last 5miles of a 20mile run at race pace. Its not something i do as i'm an old fart these days and probably run a higher risk of injury. Another approach is to run back to back medium long runs 15-16miles. Running on tired legs the following day can help build endurance with less risk of injury. Horses for courses i guess. I use Don finks book fast marathons for over 40's, a very good easy read, informative training bible

well done again, onwards and upwards

15/10/2012 at 10:08

has everyone received their confirmation e-mail? do i need to be worried if i haven't received mine yet?

15/10/2012 at 12:15

I haven't received an email but I did check on the website and my entry is sitting there on the system.  Not sure to be worried or not!!

15/10/2012 at 12:38
Me also
15/10/2012 at 16:04

I think I received it in March when i signed up, I had to click on a link to confirm everything. Ran 1hr 53min in Cardiff yesterday, disappointed, but ran at sub 8 min miles to begin & then legs got heavy and couldn't maintain after 9 miles.

Still - 20 miler next week, arrrggghh.

16/10/2012 at 08:01

well done on your run simon, don't be too disappointed, its another training session in the bag!

just checked my registration details via here for anyone unsure if theyre in or not

http://www.carreraspopulares.com/ticketrun/

16/10/2012 at 08:21

A lot of posts on here since I last signed in, some real 'speedy sorts' on here! Since last posting, have moved from Leeds to Ibiza and aclimitised to training in 26oC+! Happily is cooler now and training is easier. Way behind where I wanted to be at this stage and target on getting near as damn it to four hours has been revised. One surprise about moving to Ibiza, they have a huuuge Decathalon store

Good luck with your training one and all.

16/10/2012 at 08:50
Hey Simon, like David says don't be too tough on yourself, at least you managed to cross the start line which is more than I managed! Raging cold, which I now think was an allergie has been replaced with a gastric issue !!!! Very frustrating, managed seven nervous miles last night, was hoping to do a twenty miler this week but depends on how the body holds up.

Good luck this week everyone

Mt
61 to 80 of 167 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.