Venice Marathon 2014

Anyone running venice marathon

101 to 102 of 102 messages
30/09/2014 at 20:16
Hi, Venice will be my first. Have run 3 half marathons in the last year, with 1:48 pb at the amazing severn bridge 1/2. Am looking to finish with 4hrs a bonus. Getting close now! Does anyone know the brand of sports drinks / gels to be available during the race?
Yesterday at 10:11

These are good questions! I haven't got a clue about how we get there, or about nutrition. I don't ever leave my nutrition to chance, I always take my own along with my own hydration belt (two bottles) that I fill up on the way round when they need it.

Wayne - have you been practicing with a certain type of gel, had any for your halfs etc? Your half PB is perfect for a sub-4 as long as you've done the long runs in your training, hit the 9m/mile right from the off (not going out too fast) and keep going all the way, you'll get in on the 4hrs!

I ran Loch Ness marathon on Sunday, it was epic, loved every second of it and came in at 3:58:06. I've got Abingdon in 3 weeks (I did a number swap with a friend who has had to pull out) then Venice the week after (which I'll have to jog, I just hope I don't have to walk but if I do then I do, more time to enjoy the sights!!).

I hope that everyone has got their certificates signed, I tried to submit my Paris certificate which was signed in March this year but they have rejected it, so I'm off to the doc tomorrow and I hope to God that she signs it for free!

It's just the one more week of hard training for you guys, then start that taper, don't be tempted to do anything silly at this late stage! Let me know how you're all doing, it's gone deathly quiet in here!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 102 of 102 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.