Votwo Jurassic Coast 3-Day Challenge 78.6

Looks like fun...

501 to 505 of 505 messages
09/04/2010 at 03:03

Hi folks, good to see you're all in good spirits albeit BP you're heading north for another weekend of agony! Crazy....enjoy! 

Re. runner with groin injury - think he arrived at CP7 on Sat when BA and I arrived to cheer you all on, and he was in agony, I gave him some ibruphen gel/spray and chiropractor did a quick 10 minute intimate groin massage - I declined that injury since I had only just arrived...  and felt I couldn't just get in there and fix it! Much prefer the calves and back strains to deal with on these weekends.

Update on Helen (3rd across the Oner line) - she's fine, apparently her muscles just collapsed or something and went into overdrive so appeared to be fitting, but all ok now. 

Think BA still has swollen ankle and very sore shins, suspect he has shin splints and no running just yet - gentle walks along beach!

I'm still catching up on sleep, and the lurgey has finally caught up with me after 4 more days of clifftop weather in Cornwall over Easter, so today was lovely to be in sunshine and warmth, but now I can't sleep due to raw throat, hence it's 3am, so came on line.

Re. Atlantic - if BA doens't do this - very unlikely, I might come down and join anyone from here mad enough as September a lovely month on the coast!  We'll see what happens, happy to be support crew for anyone if they need a CP buddy.

09/04/2010 at 08:46
Hey KJ - hope that sore throat heals up quick. i think quite afew of the JCC survivors seem to have signed up for the atlantic...marbles lost everywhere! Had v painful sports massage last night so feeling a bit bruised this morning. Nothing too massive though she did mention she has never seen my legs in such bad shape. However, hopefully with some tlc and another treatment next week I'll be OK to at least get to the start line of the Fling! ...
09/04/2010 at 09:07
Hi Bp - have not signed up for the atlantic (massive sigh of relief from Ben and crew) - good luck to you with it.  See you at the Druids' .
09/04/2010 at 09:51
Probably very wise Bear....very wise.... See you in November then if my legs haven't fallen off!
09/04/2010 at 12:22

Hi All

Despite fractured shin, signed up for Atlantic last night, maybe I can break the other leg and even out my limp...........so i'm transferring my chit chat to that forum, anyone want to join can follow the link (if it works!)

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=&UTN=134324&V=1&last=1&SP=#last

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
501 to 505 of 505 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.