Wakefield Hospice City 10K

New course?

12 messages
20/01/2009 at 14:12

Hi

Entry forms for this race arrived in yesterdays post, apparently they are using a new course for 2009 (out along Horbury Road and back again). Does anyone know how this is likely to affect the speed of the course, e.g. will it be a faster course or slower?? I have done it previosuly in quite a good time (a minute or slower than my PB).

Thanks

20/01/2009 at 14:21

There's another thread which starts off describing it as as fast as the old one, but then saying it's not so fast after all. Having lived in the area, and training on the route many times, I can't see it being fast.

Admittedly there's as much 'down' as there is 'up', but from memory, there's not much flat. Also, I'm not sure how they can claim it's traffic free - it's the main Wakefield-Huddersfield road !

Other thread: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=&UTN=135310&last=1&V=1&SP=

20/01/2009 at 14:47
Thanks r4r I hadn't spotted that.
20/01/2009 at 15:19

that's ok - the other thread isn't linked to the event, so I think this is the one to stick with

20/01/2009 at 19:16

r4r said

There's another thread which starts off describing it as as fast as the old one, but then saying it's not so fast after all.

It's you, r4r that says it's not so fast  - I just pointed out if you want a PB you'd be better off doing the Dewsbury 10k

Also, I'm not sure how they can claim it's traffic free - it's the main Wakefield-Huddersfield road !

Cos I'm reliably informed they are going to close the inbound to Wakefield side!

21/01/2009 at 09:33
thanks for clarification - looking forward to it
21/01/2009 at 11:03
Regarding the traffic I would assume that they will be closing the road to traffic (or half the road) for the duration of the race - I doubt they would advertise it as being 'traffic free' otherwise.
05/04/2009 at 19:18

Does anyone know when and where the results will be up?

Cheers

Ron

05/04/2009 at 20:57
06/04/2009 at 10:38

cheers- got them now

08/04/2009 at 21:41

did any one manage to keep that little slip of paper from the arts photography guys with the password and stuff on it?

my parents kept mine and I can't seem to get in touch with them, really want to see what photos they got of me (if any).

Got 44:05, 4 minutes faster than my previous PB so very happy with that.

14/04/2009 at 16:38
Kevin - the website is www.artsphotography.co.uk, click on events at the bottom of page, then URN is 333-GE-09, password moveit (all one word, and move it you obviously did!). Not many photos left on there now by the way.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.