Wallingford Thames 10K

7 messages
26/04/2010 at 22:34
I'm in for this one - anyone else running it?
12/05/2010 at 10:36
Yep.  A great route with plenty to do at the start/finish.... don't expect a PB though!
13/05/2010 at 00:04
Yip, good route, hopefully they have removed the style and the numerous farmers gates will be wedged open! Such a pretty little route
25/05/2010 at 16:22

I got my race pack through recently and it said the stile would be gone for the race. 

Is it mostly on the river path?  I can imagine it gets quite crowded if it is!

25/05/2010 at 16:30
No, I don't think any of it is actually along the river path - would be a bit dangerous!
29/05/2010 at 14:46
anybody got a number they dont want? will pay
05/06/2010 at 00:20

Had an email to say they've changed the route a little due to a field of that lovely stinky oil-seed rape.  Stile is no more.  That took me about 6 minutes to queue for last time .

Nobby - I'm sure they said they were keeping 50 entriesfor onthe day.  I'll check me email.

Yep, I quote -  "We have now received our 500 entry limit but will be accepting 50 entries on the day with registration opening at 8:30am. "

Ladyboy - Haven't checked the route this year but in a couple of previous years it has been either cancelled or shortened due to high river/floods .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.