24/12/2012 at 22:29

Little one in bed..... check

Mince Pie demolished (Father Christmas stylie)...... check

Carrot munched (Reindeer stylie) ....... check

Presents under the tree ...... check

Quick beer and fingers crossed for at least a bit of a lie-in tomorrow morning

Merry Christmas Everyone

26/12/2012 at 21:53
Thought of you all this afternoon when watching the 1hr You Tube showing of the Disney Christmas Parade. I am really starting to get jealous of you all being in Disney for the Goofy etc.
26/12/2012 at 22:38

Seriously???  You watched the parade on youtube for an hour???

Actually would probably have been more pleasurable than watching the Dundee v Celtic game tonight!!!!!

27/12/2012 at 09:21

BP - it will be the other way round next year!

Ah well, last double 13 today/tomorrow - have to say, 2 marathons so close together is probably not right for me in future - struggling with the running mojo, even though it is Disney I'm training for. There are only so many long runs around local roads that my mind can take.

28/12/2012 at 10:37

I am counting down my runs till disney as well, just 7 left for me now til i step on that plane...

GG - but jut think, once you are up to that sort of mileage, its easier to keep it there rather than start from scratch each time but agreed that running that amont of miles on the same roads does get a bit samey...Hope you have a good double run. I am in for 7 and 15 at the weekend. But wthat with it being a hilly route i may well opt to walk all the hills this time!!!

28/12/2012 at 15:33

marty - reasonable double run - the second being hard work due to lack of sleep from poorly kids. The posiive being that the hard work was 30 seconds a mile faster than this time last year - I think I overtrained last year and got slower and slower. But that was the last long one until the Goofy!!!

You can't walk the hills if you are in corral A - you should be able to motor up them compared to runners like me!!!

Hope everyone's runs go well this weekend.

How is the IT MM?

28/12/2012 at 18:21

Well done GG on your runs. A 30 second improvement on last year is huge so you will go well in a couple of weeks.

And walking the hills....well i need to practice walking for the sunday so that i can take loads of photos!!!

30/12/2012 at 11:17

HI GG - Ive not really tested it to be honest.  I made the decision not to do any significant runs and to just keep rolling (on the roller rather than me rolling around the streets !.. Mind you with the amount of food etc etc over Xmas rolling is probably a good way to describe my movements at the moment LOL).

Will be doing  few 6 milers between now and flying out but nothing taxing.

Take care everyone.. not long now 

01/01/2013 at 23:48

Happy new year everybody.

Only a week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05/01/2013 at 11:20

Come on where is everyone?? Its very quiet unless everybody is there already!! I fly out next wednesday and have one final 13 miler planned for tomorrow, nothing too strenuous just nice and easy. Really looking forward to this now.

Planning on wearing red vest with comrades badges on the back in pen A for the half marathon and a GB vest in pen E for the marathon. Say hi if you spot me, although quite unlikely i know.

Hope everyone has an amazing time and look forward to sharing stories and highilights when we get back.

05/01/2013 at 14:43

Marty - been here a week - how did you guess?  I'm all roller-coastered out already!

Weather varied - but forecast for marathon weekend is for it to be quite warm. 

Lots of runners here already. Got a canal run between 2 resorts here and saw an otter swimming alongside us the other morning.

Met one Disney staff member who was VERY excited about the doing the marathon.

Hope everyone stays safe during the final week!

05/01/2013 at 22:08
We also fly out in Wednesday. Can't wait to get started now. Good luck everyone hope you all get round safely x
06/01/2013 at 17:18

We fly out thursday. Been battling a cold, so have not run in a while...

Have fun all

06/01/2013 at 23:27

I fly out on thursday too.  Please hold your breath for several hours if you are on the flight from gatwick to orlando I don't want to catch it in the recycled plane air!!!!!

Well if that was my training I've done it.  13 miles today and that is about as much as I am going to be able to do,  Fairly confident I can run a respectable half without going full guns at it but think survival mode may need to be deployed fairly early next sunday lol.  If I get a bit carried away on the saturday I may have to push the button even earlier!!!!!

06/01/2013 at 23:29

Don't worry - I'm flying from Atlanta 

I'm pretty much in survival mode for both days as my breathing feels pretty crappy now. Might have to bring in the steroids to ease the wheezing a little.

07/01/2013 at 13:57

Thats what got lance armstrong into a spot of difficulty dannirr

07/01/2013 at 18:45

See you all at the expo I will be wearing a tshirt from the first goofy race !

421 to 440 of 581 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.