Walt Disney World Marathon 2013

441 to 460 of 581 messages
07/01/2013 at 18:51

Hmmm, a t shirt with a disney character on it....i wonder how many other people will have that idea

Good luck to everyone for the race. Hope you all enjoy every minute of it. Cant wait to trot around the parks and say hello to the characters again.

07/01/2013 at 19:06
Slowfoot.......the master of disguise
JPenno    pirate
07/01/2013 at 21:14
Good luck to all those lucky enough to be doing this one

Enjoy the day it's a fantastic experience
07/01/2013 at 21:39
marty74 wrote (see)

Hmmm, a t shirt with a disney character on it....i wonder how many other people will have that idea

Good luck to everyone for the race. Hope you all enjoy every minute of it. Cant wait to trot around the parks and say hello to the characters again.

marty74 wrote (see)

not just a disney tshirt a tshirt from the 1st goofy 

07/01/2013 at 23:15

Just in case some of you are away from the book of faces and would like a freebe

http://bit.ly/W6hUeK

http://www.lastingcommemoratives.com/about/poster/disneymarathonweekend

Edited: 07/01/2013 at 23:16
JPenno    pirate
10/01/2013 at 17:16

If anyone is going and sees these can they get one for me?

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/2013/01/10/new-release-run-disney-vinylmation-info-on-dlr-release/

I will refund the relevant costs and postage

11/01/2013 at 00:17

I will be going to Downtown Disney on Sunday so I will try.

11/01/2013 at 13:02
It's going to be a hot one !! Take care everyone x
11/01/2013 at 13:24

Good luck to you all!!! This sounds like the single most fantastic marathon in the world (to me at least) I hope to do it one day!

11/01/2013 at 13:26

Good luck to everyone and yes I am still jealous I am not out there

12/01/2013 at 22:44
So how is everybody getting on then?????

I had a very weird few hours. Someone smashed my hotel room door open at 11 o'clock last night trying to get in the wrong room, I had a migraine that woke me up about 1am, I got up at a time I didn't know existed, arrived on the start line feeling a bit queezy, ignored all the advice to stay well hydrated as it would have just have come back up, ran pretty well, had a magical couple of miles in the magic kingdom, a lot of miles in almost total darkness, a spectacular chunder in a bush in epcot, and somehow got myself to the finish in 1:32 in 202nd place out of 23126 finishers and crossed the finish line about 100m in front of American running legend Dick Beardsley. Not a bad day at the office although I think I may pay for that pace tomorrow.

Donald bling is awesome.

Hope you all got round safely and as you wanted to (especially minnie I am a bit worried about that knee of yours).

Good luck for round 2 tomorrow
12/01/2013 at 22:48
Cannigia - brilliant well done. Take it easy tomorrow and just enjoy it (as though that will be hard)
13/01/2013 at 18:39
I am pleased to say I complete the goofy !! Really slow and really hard work but with my injury and lack of training leading up to it I'm just thrilled to finish. It was sooo hot today - hope you were ok c33 brilliant result yesterday must have gotten to you today if you weren't 100%
13/01/2013 at 19:08
MM - brilliant well done just shows what determination over training can do
13/01/2013 at 20:15
Thanks BP x
14/01/2013 at 02:40
Euphoria has worn off my body is officially fecked!!!!

Well done Minnie depending on how long you were out there I might have given you a wee shout next to the sorcerers hat in MGM. It looked magic in there later on it was empty when I was there other than some park staff. So glad you made it round ITB is so hard to get away with. I did laugh at the sweeper bus which showed no mercy. One girl got caught by it mid MGM and got paraded through the crowds. You would think they would put a character on it to at least give them one last photo opportunity lol. It wasn't quite as good as the shout out (doubling as a bit of innuendo bingo) I got in the darkness just after the speedway when some random woman shouted out "feel the cougar" at me. Not really sure what that americanism means (they shout some starange stuff) but I'm not convinced she was wanting me to fondle her mate lol.

I ran like an absolute dream for a lot longer than I thought I would. I got to about 16 miles before the wheels started to come off a bit and managed not to go into complete meltdown until mile 22 or so. I have no idea how but I managed to get round in 3:19 in 226th place today after my 202nd yesterday which was my 2nd fastest foreign marathon EVER after NY in 2008 out of 15 marathons. I have always thought tapers were overated My combined Goofy time was 4:51 which was about 30 mins better than I expected. I did love my goofy challenge but it is an odd race if you are up the front end of it. You run a lot in darkness (at times complete darkness) and the parks are pretty much empty. If you are a 4-5h+ marathoner this is a MUST do the full park at MGM looked great to run through.

My bling is just awsome. On the pictures I thought goofy looked like his own goolies which he is but the spinning mickey is just incredible. It weighs a ton I might have to reinforce the curtain pole when I get home I even got a big hug from Minnie on the finish line which was the perfect finish.

Hope the rest of you had equally good days as I did
14/01/2013 at 05:51
A massive massive well done to you both. An experience I am sure that was both hard earned and that will never be forgotten
14/01/2013 at 07:01

Cannigia - unbelievable, brilliant well done

14/01/2013 at 11:35
I had a great time too. Not as fast as C33 above, but a total blast. Little too hot though.

Hoping airport security doesn't consider the Mickey medal a weapon!
14/01/2013 at 14:52

Disney need to look up the word spectacular in the dictionary 

441 to 460 of 581 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.