want a marathon

looking for a marathon in aug-sept 03

8 messages
19/11/2002 at 21:33
hey guys,
i am wanting to do a marathon in august or september next year but am finding it hard to find any races advertised on the net. i dont belong to an affiliated club as i am an raf runner, so i cant use that route. can anyone help me find a suitable race for august or sept 2003

19/11/2002 at 21:35
September is the Robin Hood Marathon in Nottingham.
19/11/2002 at 22:28
I can also recommend the Robin Hood, I think next years race is on 14th Sept
19/11/2002 at 22:38
whats ort of course is it? i did loch ness last september and it was a bitch of a course
19/11/2002 at 23:43
Very runner friendly, first few miles through the town centre with a couple of short inclines, reasonably flat until 9 miles then another longer incline.
Second half of race follows the River Trent and round Holme Pierepoint (National Watersports Centre) this is all fairly flat finally returning to the start/ finsh area on Victoria Embankment.
I did my first half marathon here and found it easier than expected
19/11/2002 at 23:57
Cardiff in september, not sure if id recommend
Trogs    pirate
20/11/2002 at 00:16
New Forest marathon is September I think. Haven't done it but I've heard it's a good one.
20/11/2002 at 12:02
Yup , New Forest normally mid Sep.
Not done it before but they do a full marathon and a halfM , and I've only heard good things about it.

Depending on my Autumn schedule ( at this early stage I'm aiming to run Chicago) I'll probably do the halfM - missed it this year due to Windsor.
If I don't run in Chicago , I may well do the full marathon .....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.