Warwick Castle half marathon?

5 messages
09/11/2012 at 08:26

Hi folks, am debating entering the Warwick Castle 1/2 for my first ever half...now i know that its new for 2013- but was wondering if anyone had any views on this? the area where i live is hilly/undulating and so none of my training would be over flat ground... also, noticed that it was organised by the British Heart Foundation- do i have to raise money for them or can i raise money for another charity instead? thanks

09/11/2012 at 13:21

The area around Warwick is undulating but not horribly hilly so any hill training you're doing should stand you in good stead!  I did the Two Castles 10k a couple of years ago (between Warwick and Kenilworth castles - fantastic run, look out for it as it fills up quickly) and was warned about a killer hill coming in to Kenilworth.  I'd gone up it and was almost at the finish before I realised that not everyone's idea of a killer hill is the same as mine!  Hope you enjoy it Diggerbez!

09/11/2012 at 20:33

Part of the route for this is the same as the two castles.  the course is not flat - but lots of ups and downs ( especially second half ) 

10/11/2012 at 14:15

thanks guys that's useful. its really hilly where i live so i'll make sure i do plenty of training with that in mind!

08/02/2013 at 19:39

Got this from the organisers:

Height Gain : 184 m

High Point : 120 m

Low Point : 50 m

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.