Watford 10K

great way to a spend bank holiday

61 to 73 of 73 messages
30/04/2006 at 15:54
Well, good luck everyone, and a 'Happy Birthday' for tomorrow jforce.
JFB
30/04/2006 at 17:51
As of this evening, the woods are completely dry. It's forecast to rain tonight, but it'll take quite a lot of rain to make the paths soft again.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow. If it's warm I'll be in an orange T-shirt, if it's wet/cold I'll be in a bright yellow jacket.

Good luck, everyone.
01/05/2006 at 14:47
Brilliant fun, My first 10k and second ever race. I hoped to finish in an hour, as it isnt the flattest of routes, vey pleased with 54 minutes. Great bunch of runners friendly marshalls and enthusiastic support, all in all I am one happy chap.

Robin
01/05/2006 at 15:30
A friend told me someone ran into the bollard just after 1k. None of you lot, I hope. Ouch.
01/05/2006 at 15:37
I thought this was a good race, challenging in places, but a good atmosphere. I ran 43 mins, over a min slower than i wanted to, but given a lack of training since paris marathon, and being injured before that,I am made up.
01/05/2006 at 16:59
Well done everyone - thankfully I avoided all the bollards and tree stumps but finished in an hour and 5 minutes (my slowest 10k).

Good marshalls and organisation though. And good supporters too.

x
01/05/2006 at 17:42
The conditions didn't help, but still a good race. I finished in 40:29, which was faster then expected.

Anyone hear about the poor guy who fell over shortly after the start? I got the impression he might have been hurt quite badly, judging by the way he landed and the accompanying agonised cry.
01/05/2006 at 19:17
I heard his scream, too. Hopefully he didn't get up, get into his stride and run into the bollard. Double ouch.
JFB
01/05/2006 at 19:58
The conditions weren't easy. I ran along the part through the woods last night and it was bone dry, so a hell of a lot of rain must have fallen.

Felt the after-effects of doing a track 5K and 3K steeplechase on Saturday, but managed to hold it together anough to trot round in 3rd place.

Hope you guys will be back next year; thie one always throws up something different so it'll probably be scorching.

01/05/2006 at 20:37
Thanks for the birthday greetings joemole, a great time you did by the way. I decided to run round with Mrs jforce as it was the first race either of has done for 16 years.

We came in 59mins, a very comfortable run, and i thought it was an excellent way to spend my first morning as a 34 year old.

Loads of rain fell round here last night but i thought the route wasn't too bad considering.

Congrats to all, spesh congrats to p'bers
02/05/2006 at 09:34
Well done all! Who said it was not a PB course?! Myself and Rebecca Sportspace took 8 mins off our time last year and we came in at 55.48, a PB for us both! She nearley killed me in the process though! Well done Tamara cat, you did well, its a tough course.
02/05/2006 at 09:45
Congratulations JFB! Simpy passing a couple of folk with a little sprint before the line is exciting enough for me. But finishing in the top 3 must be such a thrill. You must be pleased with your time?
03/05/2006 at 18:33
I enjoyed this race. This was my 1st time doing Watford 10k and I'll be back next year (only from down the road). The course was tougher than I had expected (slippery inclines and declines!!)and I was a little disappointed with my 57 min time. Oh well, at least it was under the hour I suppose!! Well done to everyone who took part. The atmosphere was friendly and I thought it was quite well organised too.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 73 of 73 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.