Watford Half-Marathon

Men and women start sepereately

21 to 24 of 24 messages
31/01/2013 at 21:07

Have just found you can still enter online, which I've just done!

31/01/2013 at 22:39

oop sorry! only just seen this! good luck!

15/02/2013 at 10:47

Ouch. Combination of hills and the cold made that an uncomfortable race. I had a wicking running undershirt and a wicking running top, but as I kept my running jacket on all the time, the sweat didn't actually wick away, so by the last few miles my torso was encased in a band of icy wet cloth that sapped my strength. I didn't realise it until I finished and felt how wet and cold my top was. I changed into the souvenier top, but that wasn't enough to keep me warm, and it was a long, cold walk back to the car.....

The support from the other runners as I made my way round the park loop to the finish was magnificent. I think every runner I passed called out my name (it helps that I have my name on my shirt!).

And can I say that marshalls should be instructed never to say - "Not far now", unless you are within 400 yards of the finish. It's really not helpful!!!!!!

15/02/2013 at 22:47

Races early in the year after the Xmas festivites are never that fun or fast. 

Funnily enough I was chatting to a marshall when I was watching a mate run the MK half last year and they were instructed not to say "not far now".  Guess they didn't want runners to speed off and conk out.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.