Wesham 10K

41 to 44 of 44 messages
05/12/2005 at 18:42
You don't look too bad for, what was it, 4am? I do remember you making a very frightening noise as you passed the camera - that's me right behind you in the shot!

I think you can see it looks like I'm enjoying the performance!
06/12/2005 at 18:11
It was just after 4am when I gave up on the idea of trying to sleep the night before the race.

Did you beat me Marcus?
A lot did!!
06/12/2005 at 19:35
I noticed you were a bit slower this year Brian - but I only came in less than a couple of minutes ahead of you.

I bet you'll go a lot faster next year when you're enjoying a well-deserved break from Directoring duties!

Just been reading some of the comments on the WRR site - well deserved if you ask me. It must be great to get such positive stuff from "outsiders" - and I'm sure you've taken both the profile and standard of your club event forward in leaps & bounds over the last 3 years. I will miss your performances on the PA system at the prizes though.

06/12/2005 at 20:02
Cheers Marcus
I've been running REALLY well since the race! No pressure, just nice, relaxed and FAST running.

The comments are most welcome. Deserved? That's for others to decide, but they do give me immense satifaction and a feeling of a job well done.

Sadly, I didn't get rid of all the duties attached to the race, so you'll be putting up with my random wafflings on the PA again next year!

Onwards and upwards - I'm changing the Freckleton Half Marathon course for June 2006, so I've just got it to measure and do a huge risk assessment. No rest for the wicked!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.