west mids events thread

a thread for those of us who live and run here to keep up to date

101 to 120 of 1,528 messages
20/07/2009 at 21:37

Lurker - i doubt it....i think its good to have a few close links with a few clubs...networkiung and all that!

Our race went well..even i managed it, although I did stop shortly before the end and walked back with the lead female as she sprained he ankle and was in floods of tears (she was only a junior too!) seemed to be the right thing to do.

I did contemplate the pitchcroft thing (as i am from worcester) but having done it once before know how teious it is!

21/07/2009 at 07:17
lurker. wrote (see)
mondays are for recovery runs if you have raced

Don't believe in recovery running. Now recovery sitting on my backside - that works for me!

And what's the point of wasting a club night on a recovery run? Ah well, each to their own!

21/07/2009 at 09:50
brian smith just put this on - since it is west mids i thought i would put it here
21/07/2009 at 10:16
That hill looks appealing
21/07/2009 at 11:18
blimey - i didn't look at it before i put the link on
it looks horrible!!!!
21/07/2009 at 11:48
I'm scared of heights. That picture makes me feel ill.
21/07/2009 at 12:00

me too

21/07/2009 at 12:11

Nick you're so right about the Pitchcroft race being tedious...I've done it 3 times now so thats 9 times I've run round that sodding course!

I was 90 seconds off a PB so was most annoyed and threw all my toys out of the pram. Felt better after a Subway and some Fanta though

23/07/2009 at 08:44

OK folks - your input please!

Coventry Autumnal 5 on Fri 4th Sep or Lichfield 10k on Sun 6th?

The Friday race would slot into the training schedule better, allowing a LSR on the Sunday, but my running buddy has already entered Lichfield. What do you think? I don't feel 'both' is an option, before anyone jumps in with that suggestion!

23/07/2009 at 12:26

Rk thats a tough one - but am afraid if it were me I would be selfish and go with the Friday so I could stick to my training plan- but I'm a stickler for plans so depends on your flexibility really.

Edited: 23/07/2009 at 12:27
23/07/2009 at 12:48
My vote would be for training plan. If you are training for something important then all the other races should come second to your training. Actually, I'm suprised you have time to train RK given the amount you race
23/07/2009 at 13:00
If you are going for a marathon at the end of the year, then now is the time to be starting on the LSR.
23/07/2009 at 16:05

cov
i keep saying what a nice course it is - you will fly

plus i will probably be there

26/07/2009 at 17:13
for those who have read back - i just did a race with my two older boys (and husband) boy1 whooped my ass again
5k in 25.30 or something, not bad for a fencer and karate black belt who does no running
i think some training is in order!!!

i wish someone - not me - would do the parkrun thing in brum somewhere

www.parkrun.com

check it out - anyone fancy organising it?
i just can't commit to every saturday morning
it's free, they provide all the kit, but it need people to volunteer
i would be prepared to do it occasionally but i don't want the responsibility every week as the boys do stuff sat am

26/07/2009 at 17:19
R-K - how serious are the juniors? - i have looked at rowheath and they are only interested in people who can do x country - my eldest has dyspraxia so not sure if he would be up for that, he just wants to run

26/07/2009 at 19:03

Lurker - I don't know much about our juniors - I think some are pretty serious T&F types, but I imagine they cater for all. I know they meet Tues & I think Thurs. I'll ask for a contact if you like.

Good idea re parkrun, though I'm not sure I personally would want to do too many 5k races - the Rowheath series is enough for me. I certainly wouldn't be committing to too many Saturdays as I have a life...

I'm beginning to lean towards Coventry over Lichfield...

26/07/2009 at 21:35

thanks R-K, that would be great

31/07/2009 at 23:49

Lurker - you should have RWmail... (I don't think Dave wants his number made too public)

15/08/2009 at 09:50

therre are loads of pictures on the BvH site of the BRAC5k

www.bournvilleharriers.org

19/08/2009 at 23:21

Calling any ladies out there (there must be one or two).

Fancy a night out with a difference?

No, it's not a chat up line - just wondered if any of you might be interested in a new event on the calendar. OK, it's not a run, it's a walk, but I figure I can get away with posting it on here as it is for charidee, after all. It's the Midnight Walk, in aid of Acorns Children's Hospice. It's on Saturday night 19th September through the city centre, starting and finishing at Millennium Point and taking in the Bullring, Centenary Square, the Jewellery Quarter and the Town Hall. Approximately 10km.

It's on one of those rare weekends when I'm not racing, so I've volunteered to marshall.

For more info see me or www.acorns.org.uk/midnightwalk.

101 to 120 of 1,528 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.