Weymouth 10 miles, Sat 19/10/02

Starting on Weymouth seafront.

5 messages
11/10/2002 at 18:58
Anyone fancy this one. It's an out and back course that starts on Weymouth seafront. It goes off along the esplanade for 2 miles before climbing a steepish hill, doing a loop that brings the runners' back to do the hill a second time. They then do the same loop but head back along the esplanade for the 2 miles to the finish.

If the weather is good, it's a lovely event. If the weather is bad (windy) then it's 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Which I must add has only happened on 1 out of 5 times that I've done it.

The race is a Saturday afternoon, 2PM, so lots of support along the seafront.
12/10/2002 at 08:41
Come on folks a day by the seaside in OCTOBER, who could resist?!!
12/10/2002 at 12:46
Good luck Hilly!

I want to do this NEXT year as I am still only running short distances.

Hope that it is not too cold.
12/10/2002 at 18:49
Thanks FionaH,
I hope for nice weather!

I expect I'll be doing it again NEXT year. Living in the town it's hard for me not to, support local races etc. Not that I really mind as it's well organised and quite a good course, give or take the odd hill!
12/10/2002 at 21:14
Got to let you down again, Hilly. Thought about coming down from Bristol to have a go, but it's the week before the Dublin Marathon, and I've been persuaded I should take it easy next weekend. So once again, have a good run, and maybe next year eh?
richk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.