Whch is the toughest half marathon in England?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
22/06/2013 at 12:03

I have to agree Buxton is quite a hard one done it twice now and doesn't get any easier ! I feel that the hardest one I've ever done was the Leek half 2011 ( hills were hard enough but the sun and temp made it even worse ) and the Broadway hill half was a close second followed by Buxton half  Even though they were all hard I enjoyed every one of them !

23/06/2013 at 19:23

I thought Langdale half was pretty but tough.

23/06/2013 at 20:15

Another here that hasn't done them all so I can only speak about what I've done.

I did the Picnic (229' or 70m of ascent per mile) a couple of years back, a Mid-summer Munroe followed immediately by another Mid-summer Munroe. Dr Rob is a sadist. That, without a shadow of a doubt is the hardest thing I personally have done. the half was 40 minutes slower than my then PB, the full was 2 hours slower!

I'll be moving up north soon and was looking to play with the Fell runners as I like off road and hills. I was looking at the Dark Peak Fell Runners site and saw some of the events on their calendar. 300' of ascent per mile is not unusual. Most races look like they are 5/6m, though there are longer ones.

Jeez, it's gonna kill me and I'll die with a smile on my face. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.