willow 10km review

1 message
08/10/2012 at 12:39

anyone else run this race yesterday?

around the grounds of hatfield house in hertfordshire. about 80% dirt/gravel track with varying levels of sogginess, 10% woodland with muddy areas and 10% grass.

this was only my 2nd 10km race so i don't have a lot to compare it to. it seemed reasonably hilly with probably a good 70% of the course on a gradient of some kind.

facilities were good with shortish queues for the loos, massages on offer and tea, coffee and bacon butties afterwards. we also got a mass warm up session to the rocky theme from a personal trainer, which was nice given that it was pretty parky out.

and they had a big sreen telly and pc linked up to the timing gear so you could check your time as soon as you'd finished.

and the result:- 35th out of 516 with a time of 44:58, 8 minutes slower than the winner.

so not a particularly quick race in general, although i did batter 4:21 off my PB.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.