Wilmslow 2012

14 messages
12/10/2011 at 12:47

I've searched but can't find a 2012 thread for this.

Anyway, I've just enetered Wilmslow Half on 25th March 2012, anyone else doing the same?  I've not run this half before but have heard no end of good things about it.

Anyone got any tips/experiences they want to share?

12/10/2011 at 13:35
Brilliant half! I do it every year and love it. Parking is a nightmare so get there early. They need to stagger the start as it is a total bottle neck. A bit of a hill at the end, if you're not used to them, add them to your training. I'm in Sheffield so flats are more exhausting. Used to have a nice glass ornament but this stopped last year? Good luck.
13/10/2011 at 13:31
I love this race! I am in but doing it as a training run for the Manchester marathon (eek). I am glad the ornament thing stopped, didn't want a shelf full! Big field but spreads out nicely especially at the back where I will be
25/10/2011 at 22:01
I'm in
16/02/2012 at 14:05

im in...where do they advise you park?

16/02/2012 at 22:08
I'm in I would reccomend parking in Wilmslow and walking up to the start. It makes a big difference getting away.
23/02/2012 at 16:36

Hello all - I'm doing this too. Will be my 3rd time. Good race this one in my opinion. Few hills - but compared to Liversegde half which I did a few weeks ago it's as flat as a pancake!

I won't be going all out I don't think - may just run at MP. Got Gtr Manchester marathon end of April.

Is this the official thread?!

11/03/2012 at 17:46

I'm in too, live localy but have never done it, Ive heard it's good for PB's and it's chipped so you get an accurate time, I'm thinking of doing Manchester but havn't commited yet, as I;ve missed a few long runs, if a manage to get a couple of long ones in I'll probs do it! Good tip about the parking!

My mates have just done Silverstone today, that looks like a fast one too, looked pretty hot, a lot of dodgy stomachs apparently!

11/03/2012 at 19:35
I am running the comic relief mile with my daughter after this! Could be a struggle.
21/03/2012 at 08:29
Are there any spare tickets going for the Wilmslow half this weekend? ran the liverpool half marathon at the weekend and desperate for more!
21/03/2012 at 13:01

I've got a spare William. Email me on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]aslimited@yahoo.co.uk]paslimited@yahoo.co.uk if you want it for face value

21/03/2012 at 14:25
steve, i cant seem to get that email address to work... can you give me your number? or email me on willtomowen@hotmail.co.uk
thanks!
rjh
21/03/2012 at 21:35

hi steve price 3 - if you still have a spare i would like to offer you face value please email xbeckz@aol.com

many thanks

22/03/2012 at 10:00
Current forecast looking sunny and warm.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.