Windsor Half

2 messages
Moe
01/10/2002 at 11:22
I notice reading the other postings on this event that a lot of people were not totally satisfied with the event.
Windsor was the race that got me running about 6 years ago, when it was the Building Industry Half Marathon, the company I used to work for ran a coach up there every year and we used to enjoy the hospitality of the parent company, it was always an excellent event. Then a few years ago the organisation changed, it became much more commercial and the entry fee shot up, I have noticed that the same organiser has a few other well established races under his control now.
Although the entry numbers seem to increace (good marketing?) can the event handle the increase? I went up to watch last year and the start was delayed because people were still arriving in droves and queued for the toilets. Personally I now avoid entering any race that is not organised by a running group or club.
04/04/2013 at 20:56
I ran the building industry Windsor half marathon back in 1994 and 1995 when i worked for Redland Aggregates, from what I remember it was a well organised enjoyable day with minibus and night in a hotel provided by our company. I never ran much after that until about 6 years ago, I would be really interested if anyone out there could lead me to find the results
I still have the 2 commemorative ashtrays. Ashtrays??
Thank you for any help

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.