Windsor half

5 messages
09/09/2013 at 22:53

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has done the Windsor Half before, if so is it very hilly? signed up for it earlier this year but my training has been decimated by work commitments and a new baby arriving. Up to 7- 8 miles at the moment but have heard there are some beast hills.

Thanks

23/09/2013 at 11:40

Hi Murph2.

There are some hills, but I wouldn't say that they are beasts. My approach is to shorten stride a bit, head down and concentrate on rythmn. before you know it you are over the top and cruising.

Windsor is a favourite of mine, a very nice run through beautiful parkland coupled with good organisation. Hope you make it there.

25/09/2013 at 19:29

Hi Percx,

Thanks for that. Yeah I've decided to run and just get round, no attempting a PB.

Thanks again for the reply.

29/09/2013 at 20:04

Hi Percx,

You were not joking about the hills, especially between miles 8-9. But a great event and a proper challenge. The only gripes and they are minor is the 1pm start time and the water in plastic cups.

30/09/2013 at 10:54

Hi Murph.

Yep, agree with the start time and the water, though I didn't bother having any. Thought the weather was just about right. Glad you enjoyed it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.