Witham Boxing Day 5

Go on you know you want too

21 to 25 of 25 messages
BIF
23/12/2005 at 19:34
Just to re emphasise 'Tired Legs' previous thread please arrive early.Pre-race entries are at an all time high with 280 already toeing the line.This is 120 up on last year!!
For unaffiliated local runners don't forget to ask at the WRC Promotion for details of 3 month trial membership.
With the forecast predicting strong winds from the west the last mile should be very fast.
26/12/2005 at 15:09
Most enjoyable run, was very well organised, and a class field there as well.

Ran 26:50 which is okay, better than my 10k pb of 34:23. Have to say I didn't like the uphill finish, the course must have a fairly large net uphill which makes the time the winner ran even more impressive!

To any marshalling or watching I was the young chap in the red Herts Phoenix vest just about in the top ten I think.
BIF
26/12/2005 at 18:33
Glad you enjoyed the run fantastic time.Yes the vest looked good as you came up to the finish!!(See website gallery -loads of quality pictures as always).Not sure about overall uphill dont forget from 'Dancing Dicks'(Just before the 4 mile marker)its a long downward slope home? Will be running The Boxing Day 'The Sequel'tomorrow starting at 10.15 so will be able to confirm that there have been no undulations put in since last year!Its something we do at WRC each year for those that Marshal or those that want to go round again.No tee shirts or prizes but there could be snow!
26/12/2005 at 19:00
BIF- we start at the bottom of the hill do a loop coming back to it (therefore equal amounts of uphill and downhill as you're at the same place!) and then you run up to the leisure centre up a hill.

You can ignore what happens about the rest of the course it's just the difference in height between the start and the finish.

Have fun BIF! I'll check the photos and results now!
29/12/2005 at 22:11
Thanks for areally good morning out really enjoyed my first Witham boxing day 5.

Thank you to all the marshalls and every one envolved in organising.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.