Wooburn Park 10K

I'm in...

21 to 28 of 28 messages
09/09/2010 at 08:10

that's brilliant!

thanks!

O.

11/09/2010 at 22:44
Still planning to EOD - so best get some zzzzzz's - c y'all tomorras - have a great event - GMx
13/09/2010 at 22:31
Oh, no-one has posted back here yet.
Had a great event - what a toughie that 1st 1k hill is - but so rewarding on the return.
I hadn't trained well nuff for this so was knackered by 4k and practically crying by 7k.
Managed a respectable 63mins tho.
Lovely atmosphere.
How did you peeps get on?
GMx
14/09/2010 at 08:10
I really enjoyed the race too, that first hill was really tough but it's nice to know that after the 1k the hardest bit is over. Does anyone know where I can find the results?
14/09/2010 at 13:31

Yes this was enjoyable, the first hill was hard, but i think i scared myself so much before hand, it didn't appear as bad as i thought.

I still can't get the hang of running with a cup of water, so had to stop and walk for a little while, which made it hard for my legs to get going again, but the water was needed.

I don't know how i didn't fall over coming down the final hill, i almost missed the right turn at the end, and took out the marshalls.

ps. i guess next race i need some plasters as (male thing) i have bleeding nipples, never had that before, ouch.

My daughter did the fun run, which she did really well in, unfortunately they didn't time it, which is a shame, luckily i made it back in time to see her second lap though.

As for the results, they mentioned that there was an 'IT' malfunction, and the results would be posted on the website later that day

http://www.wooburnpsa.org.uk/

I have checked but it still hasn't been updated, still showing 2009 results, does anyone knows where else to look

14/09/2010 at 17:02
http://www.wooburnpsa.org.uk/ has been updated, it currently just has the winners, but says it will be updated in the next few days
14/09/2010 at 20:50

I'm one of the event organisers as well as someone who ran on Sunday at Wooburn.  The results are now on the website - thanks for ytour patience and apols for the delay.  The computer crash after around 50 runners came through has caused us a real problems but thankfully we had backup systems in place.  Relying on the secondary, manual system means accuracy may not be quite as good as we'd like, but hopefully there will not be too many concerns.

Its great to see the postive feedback on this forum and the event listing itself.  Please keep the feedback coming - we want to know what you all like and don't like so we can continue to make it better.  But we're not talking the hill away!!

Thanks to all for running, whether you're a newbie or a Wooburn veteran.  And a particular thank you for acknowledging the contribution of the marshalls, I'll make sure that gets passed on.

14/09/2010 at 22:24

Phil

Thanks to you and all the marshalls, great event.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.