Woodland Half-Marathon

1 to 20 of 42 messages
09/05/2011 at 12:05
Anyone else running this at the end of the month?  Sounds very scenic which probably means it'll chuck it down
13/05/2011 at 23:09
It was beautiful weather last year so fingers crossed it will be the same.
23/05/2011 at 22:04
I'm in .... my number arrived  today so raring to go...
25/05/2011 at 20:06
Is there any chance of an on the day entry? My Mrs is due to give birth any day now so couldn't enter in advance.
25/05/2011 at 22:22
No entry on the day I'm afraid, you can enter before the day online and we will email you the race info and you can then just collect your number on the day.
27/05/2011 at 16:31

Hi Fat-Feet

I entered on 7th Feb and haven't received any inof or Race number yet!

Time is getting short, can you help???

27/05/2011 at 16:45

Send fat feet an email with your full name and we'll sort it.

fatfeet100@gmail.com

27/05/2011 at 16:47

Done from your website.

Thanks

27/05/2011 at 21:27

Is the going firm ?  Road trainers or trail shoes...?

27/05/2011 at 22:34
definitely trail!
28/05/2011 at 10:55
I was there 3 days ago and it was definitely very firm going and I was contemplating road shoes for some cushioning! But the rain of late should have softened it somewhat so either road or trail will probably suffice I'm taking both on the day lol
Catch you all there!
28/05/2011 at 11:09

I'll take both too and decide in the morning....

Cheers

30/05/2011 at 22:28

So how did everyone get one and what did they think?

This was my first Fat Feet event and must say I was left really disappointed.  It started well enough with the free car parking but why only 4 portaloos and a lack of toilet paper.  I know the lack of portaloos was raised as a problem with last years race but it appears this was not addressed. 

The race itself through Bourne Wood was very pleasant and generally well marshalled although there was at least one marshall free point where I could see no yellow sign and could easily have gone straight on instead of a sharp left.  Perhaps the wind had blown it away but with such a small field this could really have caused a problem.

For me though the thing that was really gutting was on finishing and finding no t-shirt and a poor medal in the goody bag.  I did ask and was told by one of the girls that she thought they weren't bothering with t-shirts, only medals this year.  I'm sure it was advertised with a t-shirt and you had to give your size on entering so will raise this with the organisers. 

The medal made no mention of the race or the year, just that you'd completed a Fat Feet run (the lanyard did mention the race but not the year).  So as I'm supposed to be down for Grimsthorpe in August does that mean I'll be getting the same medal?  Maybe it works out cheaper for Fat Feet to give the same medal for all their events but it just smacks of penny pinching to me.  I'd certainly be annoyed getting that if I ever run Rutland marathon

I can't see any results as yet on the Fat Feet website, has anyone got a link that works?

31/05/2011 at 00:17

I too was suprised at no t-shirt - we had a nice one at Rutland Marathon last year .... I found the race quite tough although probably because I went off far too fast and suffered a bit later!!  Pretty warm and quite hilly, but i found no issue with signage or directions and the water stations seemed good enough... and the course was very pleasant.

I can't see the results either.... the link seems to take you through to last years Grimesthorpe half marathon results!!!

31/05/2011 at 07:39

I am not really sure what I paid the money for? The goody bag was disappointing, the medal was disappointing (no year on it), no chip timing and no results yet.  The scenery was lovely and there was good support. Not sure if I will do this again. Bit of a rip off.

31/05/2011 at 11:57

To be honest guys I agree with you. The medals were ok but nothing unique and I'm signed up for Grimsthorpe and Rutland, almost seems to be a waste of my money to get the same medal again!!!

I don't know about you guys but my GPS measuring of the course was 13.62 miles, I know I was weaving at some stages on the trails but don't think it was a much as 1/2 mile extra!!!

31/05/2011 at 14:57

I was very disapointed with this event, although the run through the woods was very scenic. The medal recieved was poor I would have liked to see the year on the medal or at least the lanyard. I was also convinced that the website said that there would be a T- Shirt as well as the medal so again was disapointed.

There was also a problem with the race pack, myself and 4 others I know of never recieved their packs in the post and there appeared to be a lot of numbers collected on the day, thats a awful lot to have gone missing in the post!

I dont think i will be entering another Fat Feet event, which is a real shame because the Woodland Half has the potential to be an excellent event.

31/05/2011 at 15:28
It does seem a little funny so many people in such a small field of entrants had their race pack go missing, mine didn't arrive as well .... am I just being cynical?
31/05/2011 at 15:28

I was the overall winner, so was disappointed to receive a t-shirt as my prize when the formation pack (which was not received in the post and had to be collected on the day of the race) stated that trophies would be presented to  the winners.

Was thinking of entering the Grimesthorpe Half,  until I saw the cost of the  entry fee !!!!                                                                                                                                                                       

31/05/2011 at 15:36

Lucky you Mark, I've already entered the Grimsthorpe and Rutland races. Looks like I'm going to be a very disappointed runner when I finish!!!!

1 to 20 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.