Worcester Half Marathon 2013

1 to 20 of 44 messages
20/12/2012 at 10:42
Have entered but it looks like I will have to consider transport options to the start.
16/01/2013 at 12:40

last year the race started late for the traffic going to the event, i got there in a taxi and it was about £15

23/01/2013 at 20:32

Hi guys thinking about running this one, what is it like? is it very hilly? Is there a issue with parking. Thank You

24/01/2013 at 23:24

the race is pretty flat and fast, well organised though some mile markers went missing and runners didn't know how far to go.

parking was a problem last time but just because seems like drivers thought parking was free and didn't want to pay, so cars got jammed at the entrance, i got a taxi to get there instead

10/03/2013 at 08:38

Im thinking of entering too, how much is it to park?

10/03/2013 at 12:57
Think ill do this too. Only live in alvechurch but dont know the route at all. Any top tips? After yesterdays four laps on a disused airfield half marathon im looking forward to a bit more scenary!
11/03/2013 at 08:41

I think the course is ok, no nasty hills etc. Have looked on OS map.

11/03/2013 at 17:38

I am also running this one and have googled the route on the Worcester half web site.

12/03/2013 at 18:54

It is a very good and rural route.  Undulating, with a couple of hills - certainly not flat!

22/03/2013 at 20:41
Really vic, ive just read a review saying its a PB course! Looking forward to it, hope the parkings a bit easier though. Think the markers got nicked last year too is that right?!
31/03/2013 at 22:24
Free parking then this year, hope that solves the issues. I cant find the route with an elevation chart am I just being a muppet?
09/04/2013 at 15:59

Hmmm, i can only assume those saying this is flat did not run it last year. The first 3 miles are flat then you get hit with a steep hill and the course becomes undulating with about 2 other steep hills. However the last 2 miles are pretty much downhill, including one quite steep hill that you can really open up on and make up time. If you can hang onto your desired mile/min or thereabouts until mile 11 ish then you've done the hard work. Thats my recollection anyway! This is no more a pb course than kenilworth, Droitwich or any other rural race. Its certainly more interesting than 4 laps at long marston! It should be far more efficient this year being their second go at it. Lat year all the mile markers after about mile 5 were removed the night before and the parking situation was a nightmare. Hopefully they will have also introduced time markers in the start pen as its a narrow lane.

09/04/2013 at 19:29

My wife and I are having to bring the grandchildren with us, is there anything for the kids to do or will my wife be pulling her (grey) hair out when i get back?

09/04/2013 at 21:04

Theres a david lloyd if you happen to be members, failing that your wife will be better off going off to worcester or droitwich and finding a park as based on last year there will be nothing there for kids. It supposed to be a nice and warmish day.

10/04/2013 at 18:25

Cheers Daryll.

12/04/2013 at 21:50

Looking forward to this race, glad its not a flat boring one, I like a few hills, as you can make time up on the other side. Hope its not too warm though, few showers might be nice to cool us down. Good luck everyone Enjoy

13/04/2013 at 09:48

yes, if you plan it right, get a good pace over first 3 miles, and have something left for last 2 then you will do fine. Wind might be a problem tomorrow though as it never seems to be an assisting one!!

13/04/2013 at 19:13

South westerly wind tomorrow, as we are running in a figure Q sort of course we will get " some" assistence. 

All the best and I hope you get the times you have worked hard for.

13/04/2013 at 20:47
Really looking forward to this one now. Slated this last year but from the pre-race instructions they appear to have made some positive changes.
13/04/2013 at 22:12
Just reading the instruction book whilst eating vital pre race malt loaf! Weather looks good, warmish. Debating shorts! Thanks for the heads up on the course darryll, won't be afraid to head out fast now knowing hills to come then a better finish. Ps ill be the one on my knees by mile ten!
1 to 20 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.