Wyvern 10k run

9 messages
15/07/2012 at 21:05

Ran this 10k race today (15/07/12) and have to say it was great fun, nice relatively flat course that allowed me to improve from 59.16 to 57.58 which I was happy with. The start of the race at Wyvern College, Fair Oak was fun and as always the organisation from Eastleigh Running Club was amazing and everything went well.  A run I would definately do again next year.

17/07/2012 at 22:30

Agreed - I was a bit worried about the run as we had to double back on ourselves - but even with the front runners on their way back while I was on my way out, the whole race had a really lovely 'feel' to it.

I'll be doing it again next year.  Was happy with the run as I managed to get my 10k time in under an hour! A personal best for me too 

10/04/2013 at 20:02

Signed up for this year, what was parking like last year?

10/04/2013 at 21:52

we had no problem at all - just get there early  to be sure.  

22/06/2013 at 07:48

Not to far away now, hows everyones training going?

I've had to take a few weeks off with a slight tear in calf but back at it now, although because of the missed weeks I've changed my target. Was hoping for a PB (ie sub 55, a minute per birthday ) but now it's just part of my training plan towards my first Marathon in October, so I'll just try and enjoy the day. (and I know full well that's a lie as once I get there I'll be going full out for it!!!)

22/06/2013 at 12:43

Ooh - don't suppose you're doing the bournemouth marathon are you?

22/06/2013 at 18:09

Hi Emma,

Not not doing Bournemouth decided to do the Chester martahan going to make a weekend of it up north 

09/07/2013 at 09:10

Gone down with a chest infection so looks like I'm not going to make Sunday, good luck guys, don't forget to take plenty of water.

10/07/2013 at 08:50

Oh that's a shame. I've not signed up for it (yet).... may well do but would need a dog sitter!  Plus it is stupidly hot atm!  Hope you get well soon....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.