Wyvern Xmas Cracker 10K

161 to 176 of 176 messages
08/12/2003 at 20:32
Been meaning to say - anyone who enjoyed the Cracker is more than welcome to aim for one of my races next year - the Sherborne Castle 10km on March 21st (spectacular but hilly-ish multi-terrain) or the more Cracker-esque Easter Bunny 10km which takes place on easter Monday at Yeovilton - dead flat roads for the most part and you get an Easter Egg at the end!!
08/12/2003 at 21:20
The Turkey has been complaining that I haven't posted my time yet. I have been waiting for the official results, which yes, have put me a full eight seconds faster than the Turkey would have had me believe! Final result 56.54 and a new PB by 4.25. Turkey will of course have to take some of the credit, although if I'd had the energy his neck would have been wrung on more than one occassion..."just catch those girls in front" or "how about overtaking the pudding". He clearly didn't recognise I was going as fast as I could!! Now I know what he meant when we got married and he promised to "love and to perish!"- he nearly got his way.
08/12/2003 at 23:06
well done again to all!! PB's galore!!!
That 10K at Yeovilton sounds inviting Mixy (must be the lure of the chocolate egg!) Are there any official details of it yet?
Now I'm going to look at my result and try not to be too negative about it, but at 4 1/2 mins slower than PB it's a tough call....where's that stick!
09/12/2003 at 08:45
Oooh yes, the lure of the easter egg is just too inviting (I lurch from one race to the other depending on the fodder I'm offered at the end). Flat roads too. Count me in!
09/12/2003 at 08:51
Hihi...
Mixy I would love to run in the Easter run (I cant believe Im actually excited for another race!!) and if it is flat roads, Ill be trying for a PB. I want the easter egg, too! Where is Yeovilton, and how do I get there?
By the way, my surname is Indian, I am half Indian, half American and I live in London...a little mixed up!
09/12/2003 at 10:24
good to hear that you're all interested - will put details of the race and entry form on this thread (or at least the link to my Club's website) in due course - like as soon as the details have been decided!

Yeovilton is in the heart of the proper end of the country, Somerset - just outside Ilchester (near Yeovil) and easily accessible from A303 and A37
09/12/2003 at 18:12
Glad everyone enjoyed the run. I did too, and I beat my only other race by 4.24 mins - have a new pb of 56.17.

Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you but I was a bit flustered and nervous before the race and afterwards there were so many people about and I was starving so we didn't hang around. What was the post-race party like?

I like the sound of Yeovilton - especially the Easter egg! Maybe I'll be brave enough to meet some of you there.
09/12/2003 at 18:24
I go incognito at Yeovilton - no Viking Helmet; however you may spot me (and certainly hear me) as I'll be the one walking round with an airhorn!!
10/12/2003 at 17:25
Has anyone heard from Jean-Plod Van Damme since Sunday - I think meeting us all was enough to put him off ....!
10/12/2003 at 17:56
no...haven't heard from him either, maybe he rode away into the sunset on a donkey...
10/12/2003 at 19:11
ever heard of a little thing called work?

anyhoo...i managed to go a whole five minutes slower than my PB! i was so worried about straining my right knee i over-compensated and did my left one in; I can't win.
i really enjoyed WSM...seemed like the locale for a very bad period murder novel.
great race, great scenery, great organisation, great forumites...cheers to us!
JPVD.
10/12/2003 at 19:32
good to see you back, matey - the answer is that you operate the forum from work and when they see you typing, they all think you're working really hard!!
10/12/2003 at 22:46
You and me both JPVD...I was about 5 mins slower too, you have my sympathy, must have been the sand/fancy dress costume/etc etc
10/12/2003 at 23:04
Didn't FFF do well?

But despite her pb & others, I really don't think this is a pb course. Although fairly flat, the sand has to take a couple of minutes off your time. Still a great, fun event and the turkey & I will be back with FFF to run it again next year.

Now if you really want a 10k pb, try the 'Last Chance 10k' in Exeter on Sunday 28 December. Details & entry form on the SWRR web site. The course is very, very flat & traffic free down by the canal in Exeter. Run on cycle tracks & paths the surfaces are either tarmac or grit/stones.
10/12/2003 at 23:26
would love to come down to Devon and redeem myself in the eyes of the club I run with, but am in Hertfordshire over that weekend visiting in-law.
I believe that you are right tho, about the xmas cracker not being a pb course
21/12/2003 at 21:18
Just before the thread disappears into the Forum "system" for good, thought I'd take the chance of wishing you all a very Happy Christmas!

Hope to see some of you down this way for a race or two next year - if you want details/entry forms for either Sherborne Castle or Easter Bunny 10km, send me a mail & I'll post one on as soon as the forms are ready.

All the best
Martin

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
161 to 176 of 176 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.