Yateley Road Race Series - Race 3

A big THANK YOU

6 messages
02/08/2007 at 10:04
I would like to post a large THANK YOU to the organisers, marshals and participants of last night's Yateley 10k race.

I took part in the series with my son (who is 15 and was completing his first 10k races) and one his friends from school.

Last night my son's friend hurt his calf muscle early on in the race and had to pull out. The response from the marshals was fantastic.
I had caught up with the lad just before 4k so I went with him to the marshals on the course.
They looked after him, and gave him a lift back to the start/finish area.

At the finish, a fellow runner, who had seen him in his earlier predicament and had also offered help, approached us to check how he was, even offering him her medal as a consolation for him.

After reading various media reports about rudeness and anti-social behaviour it is great to have an experience like last night.

PS my son also won a spot prize of a t-shirt so that made his night!!
03/08/2007 at 10:56
I also forgot to mention the free photos available from the previous races.......
03/08/2007 at 11:18
ditto - as always a great race and very friendly marshalls and organisers/helpers.

I had a crap run though!!! My slowest ever 10k!!!!
03/08/2007 at 20:23
Doing a slow 10K is a lot better than not turning up at all to miss the 3rd in the series, shame on me. I tried to run, walk whatever the Jack and Jill Challenge on Sunday and there was no way I could even run a slow 10K thanks for the series anyway
06/08/2010 at 15:04
I ran it too, thought it was very well planned out. where are the photos?
10/08/2010 at 15:11
oh see what i didnt do here was look at the year, this was 3 yrs ago

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.