Yorkshire Cross Country Championships 2005

thoughts...?

14 messages
15/01/2005 at 17:00
I personally thought it was a well organised event, and credit has to be given to Skipton AC, and all who was involved.

Although i had a bad race i thourght the course was a good one and was well marshaled.

LOL the commentry was good 2

Nick
15/01/2005 at 17:03
Hey Nick, haven't spoken to you for a while, how'd you do?
15/01/2005 at 17:12
i did rubbish... but im ok ..i just enjoyed the day, with the likes of Tracy Morris there.

i havent done much training..and i came around half way. im going to get into some hard training next week.

How did your Harts Champs go... did jon pepper win..?

Nick
15/01/2005 at 19:31
Got them tommorow, as far as I can see there's no one even close to him. Don't know if it's of interest but we've gotten a fairly active u-18 group set up on here with Jon myself and a fwe others, currently we're chatting about exams and stuff but there's plenty about training too. If you want to find it, it should be in latest posts, the training sections or you can find it in my "forum" section of my profile as I set it up.

Never mind about what happened today, focus on the next race!

How'd Tracey do incidentally?
15/01/2005 at 23:55
Tracy Did ok..she came 3rd..Yorkshire is a strong county tho... Wakefield dominated the womens race.

Im steping my trainign up now...twice a week isnt enough... 4days here we come!
15/01/2005 at 23:55
Oh yea...

Good Luck 4 2morrow Bryn !!! :D :D :D

so ne thoughts on today...?

16/01/2005 at 07:06
I ran it. Can only remember the up hill bits and that dastardly jump over the ickle stream.

It was the toughest course I have ever ran.

It was also the best course I have ever ran.

Finished 95th, 30 odd places up on last year.

Well done Skipton AC.
U/A
16/01/2005 at 10:43
Someone said before the race that it would be "flat because it's on parkland and around playing fields." Ha!

Very good, well laid out course. Hills just seemed to get tougher and tougher the further we went. And like Sodahead, I can't remember large amounts of the course (although for some strange reason I kept having flashbacks last night trying to sleep).

I didn't get a print-out of the men's results after the race - does anyone know if/when they're online?
16/01/2005 at 11:25
I dindnt think the hills was that bad, but jumping over the stream was pretty fun. They wasnt exactley steep hills was they.

but the commentry.... ha ha ha
U/A
16/01/2005 at 12:31
I've just discovered that the results are on the North of England AA website if anyone's interested in seeing how they did.
16/01/2005 at 23:34
bryn how did u get on today
16/01/2005 at 23:36
2nd :), from 12th last year to 2nd this year, 57 seconds behind Pepper...I doubt he was going flat out though :)
16/01/2005 at 23:37
OMG well done m8 !!!! i started my new training 2day of 5times a week. Went well i did a hills session :D.

I got my schools XC next week shud be easy ...

Really Wel Done Again
16/01/2005 at 23:39
well done, good to get a hill session in, I think that's what helped me today. Gd luck at the schools, I think I'm gonna try and wriggle out of mine and see if i can get pre-selected...worth a try at least!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.