Yorkshire marathon 2013

81 to 100 of 1,075 messages
13/01/2013 at 19:21

I think I may have to start training for this early this time as away Island hopping in Greece for 3 weeks, home for 4 weeks then the Marathon.

Looking forward to it once get Barcelona out the way.

14/01/2013 at 13:23

I was going to leave entering this for a few weeks but glad I didn't now - entered last Thursday.

Not sorted a hotel out yet - plenty of them in York and the surrounding area.  I may travel on the day if prices go through the roof.

16/01/2013 at 16:44

Andrew Mitchell 14 I think prices have gone through the roof, i'd advise booking sooner rather than later, I booked a travelodge near the start at £27 a night, now heard its £117 a night!!!!  

Hi EKGO  here we go again lol

I am sure that many of the first timers will love it , York is a beautiful city and also the rural parts means plenty of lovely scenery to take in

I ran Chester last year and you started off running through the city and then it went out into the countryside, into Wales back into England and it felt very rural but there were so many other runners around you it kind of kept you going and if you are struggling you will be suprised how many people do tap you on the back and say keep going, you're doing great

Name on the t.shirt definitely helps, front and back so people can give your name a shout

I am so excited about this one, not that i'm wishing the year away but roll on October lol 

16/01/2013 at 18:16

well done to all those who got in we all had to make a quick decision! I thought I would see how I felt after M of the N in April but glad I didn't! Looking forward to a local marathon and some of my friends have said they will come and support Hope everyone ok in this bad weather, I actually love running on snow

16/01/2013 at 21:26

I thought they were releasing a 1000 more places but not sure when. I do not mind running in the snow if off road or on road with Yaktrax.

19/01/2013 at 19:15

I missed out on the entry but have registered for the waiting list. But don't know if they will add more places or just replace people who drop out - which will generally mean I won't find out till close to race day!!

21/01/2013 at 13:15
As suspected I couldn't find any decent deals in/around York so our plans have changed.
It's our wedding anniversary that weekend & my original plan was to have a weekend in York. My (non running) wife has now graciously agreed to postpone celebrations until post race so we're driving through to York on the morning of the race. We've then booked two nights post race in a nice hotel near Whitby. Got a bargain using Tesco Clubcard points
Edited: 21/01/2013 at 20:18
29/01/2013 at 16:15

Just a thought, perhaps the university might offer some rooms?

Obviously quite unlikely as it will be quite near a new year, but when I was at uni there I remember that non-students were able to use certain room. Might just have been out of term time of course. 

29/01/2013 at 16:28
Wow Andrew, your wife is very understanding! Be sure to try The Magpie in Whitby for fish n chips - best in Yorkshire!
29/01/2013 at 16:30
Never mind the magpie, go to trenches !!!
29/01/2013 at 17:24

Been to both The Magpie & Trenchers over the years - both are excellent but the Magpie is my favourite.  Sounds like an ideal post marathon recovery

07/02/2013 at 20:57

Is the marathon going to have pace runners anyone know where i can get more info? so happy i managed to get a place, done the 10km many times and it can be chaotic traffic so hope things are managed ok. Generally speaking from leeds, hull and york the organisation and safety apects have been superb. looking forward to it

07/02/2013 at 21:02
Yes I read that there are going to be pacers....

The Yorkshire Marathon will take place on Sunday 20 October and will take runners on a scenic route through the major city landmarks and into surrounding countryside and villages around the Vale of York. Runner's World will be pacing the event, with 7-minute mile, 8-minute mile, 9-minute mile, 10-minute mile and 11-minute mile pacers to help you reach your marathon PB.
05/05/2013 at 17:00

How is everyone? My thoughts are turning to York as that is my next marathon! I ran the Marathon of the North last Sunday and have a bit of the post marathon blues.........it was tough and for various reasons not my best run. I have learnt a lot and hope for better things in York....Ran for the first time today, which felt good, my daughter and I are training for the Leeds 10k in July. I am thinking about what plan I will follow for York. Would love to get this thread active again am missing my M of the N thread.......

05/05/2013 at 17:06

Now then.

I'm not running this (got Berlin 3 weeks before) but I have volunteered to marshall.  Guessing training plans will strat kicking in in about 6 weeks?

05/05/2013 at 17:14

that's great Rob, good for you marshalling, it was the marshalls that helped get me round in Sunderland. Partic the one who ran with me through Roker Park! Good luck with Berlin

06/05/2013 at 07:33

Hi Lets get this party started!!!

I completed Manachester last week, great event, support and atmosphere I managed a PB and did 3.55, well chuffed. It was hard with a couple of lapses of doubt would I do it. So I can't think of mara training again but I'll keep up the base miles before July.

I'm keeping busy three 10k's this month, the Cross Bay Challenge in June, then it's a local half in September (Major Stone) then GNR for the second time.

Then bring on York in October.

Happy running

06/05/2013 at 07:54

Where's local skd?

06/05/2013 at 08:28

Brilliant pb skd14 I ran manchester last year. despite raining all the time I found it "easier" than Sunderland and the support fantastic. I gather the route changed this time and missed out Dunham Massey. Good luck with your 10ks and halves. I tried to enter the GNR once but no luck. Must try again sometime. I ran  Tatton half last year which was great and really well organised. Off for a walk now......

06/05/2013 at 10:49

This will be my first marathon too.  Thinking about it makes me feel a bit nervous already!

81 to 100 of 1,075 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.