2nd hand shoes

is there a market?

6 messages
17/03/2009 at 10:25

If I discover that a pair of shoes I have (done about 70 miles in, according to my Fetch log) aren't doing my feet any favours, is it worth ebaying them, or shall I just use them for gardening?

x

17/03/2009 at 10:34

Give them to a charity shop.
17/03/2009 at 13:11

Give them away in my opinion as I doubt anyone will want a second hand pair (you could have worn them to death).

Is there no charity that takes running shoes to Ethiopia or anywhere as I have some decent shoes that don't agree with me but are far too good to throw out?

R

17/03/2009 at 14:10
A lot of running shops do old shoe collection to do just that WRW.
Edited: 17/03/2009 at 14:11
17/03/2009 at 14:33
eBay them, and let the buyers know the mileage and reason for sale.

They won't be worth anything in a second hand shop, and you might as well make sure a runner gets the value out of the freshness of the sole etc.
17/03/2009 at 14:58

Who would buy a worn pair of running shoes?

Whether they're mileage-expired or retired for any other reason, I scrub mine up and use them as gardening and general knocking about shoes.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.