2nd pair of running shoes

not as good as my first!

1 message
02/09/2002 at 22:38
I bought my first pair of running shoes back in January. I know they are Saucony Jazz (I Think they are HRCs but its never been possible to confirm - they have a code of 2243-1). They have been absolutely briliant.

Anyway, I've now clocked up 450+ miles and they have seen better days. With this in mind I went and bought a pair of Saucony Grid Trigons (Responsive) as I didn't seem to be able to buy the same again but wanted to get something similar. As 10.5 was always marginal with the first pair I went up a half size owing to the sides pinching. The problem is that even with the 11s, after a day or so I could feel them pinching on my little toe (I did try them in the shop on a treadmill and they seemed ok).

I re-laced them as suggested on Runnersworld.co.uk,and that seemed to make things better but after a few days I started to get slight numbness on the ball of my right foot and a pain on gap between the ball of my foot and my big toe.

As a result of all this, I'm in a bit of a mess now, I've been alternating back to the old pair for longer runs, I don't know if the things I have done with lacing, bigger size etc could have caused this problem. I also don't know if its all a coincidence and the new shoes have nothing to do with it (and instead I have just overtrained or something)

Any help please, do the symptons sound familiar to anybody as problems with either the type of shoe, or what I am doing with them?

Thanks,

Mike.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.