A Socks For a Friend

Alluce Valgo Solution Socks

13 messages
21/02/2013 at 00:33

'A sock for a friend'. No socks for my foot!

http://www.ispesolution.com/eng/hallux-valgus-bunion-correction-socks.html

All I want to know is how much are they?  I don't fancy emailing the company because I fear I will end

with more junk emails

21/02/2013 at 00:40

I search the web for  these socks but can't find the price of these socks.

Amazon don't do them.  

Its concept is the result of years' experience in physiotherapeutic bandages. So this is the origin of the Alluce Valgo Solution® sock, studied and developed by technologically weaving and mixing Cotton-Lycra-Elastic Nylon yarns to respect the natural strength lines of the foot muscles and joints.     A wide big toe space offers its greater freedom of movement.     The metatarsal joint is firmly bound, creating a comfortable cushion for the big toe joint, a common place for bursitis
21/02/2013 at 00:45

I first saw them in a Chemist shop window and immediately fell in love with them

and ran into Chemist and asked how much they were.  The Pharmacist did not have a clue he started to mumble which one's and there are different types of socks and all different prices.  That was two months ago.  I grabbed a leaflet but there was no price list.

21/02/2013 at 00:58

I don't buy crap running shoes I always buy good quality ones. 

One Christmas I was sitting down with my feet up. My  Mum shouted out 'Look at Karen's feet'!  She was looking at my big toes there were slightly bent I did not think it was that obvious.  It must have clearly shocked her.

Some months later I went to see a Chiropdist he said to me I could have surgery where ther break my toes and straighten them again.

Someone said to me that worst thing you could do to feet.

21/02/2013 at 01:08

I think that's why I sometimes fall down if the running surface is not flat

Has anyone tried these Italian Allure Valgo socks?  I get myself a large pair lof long black one's

Recommendations and user instructions:

At first it is best to use them gradually. about 2-3 hours

to start with, slowly increasing to all day.

They have no side effects, although at first your foot or

calf muscles may ache. The lymph draining massage

effect is obtained even with healthy feet. If reddening

or pain persists consult your doctor

21/02/2013 at 01:10

Solution®

Alluce Valgo Solution

® is a technologically innovative

sock conceived to embrace the foot and aid it in its

functions.

• Essential for anyone with Bunion (Hallux Valgus)

or has a tendency to developing it:

its strength lines

prevents abnormal deviation of the big toe towards

the other toes.

• Easy and convenient,

it will also reduce rubbing of

the bursitis against the shoe.

• An active care

is obtained from the differing

weaves of the fibres in its various bands, which

move with the foot, massaging it and thereby

favouring lymph drainage and firming the muscles.

• A natural shape

of the foot is maintained both

during rest and in movement. It is useful for those

who stand for long periods or running and walking

enthusiasts. It frees and aids the foot, offers good

breathability and its

Sanitized® anti-bacterial

treatment fights the formation of bacteria, the cause

of bad foot odour.

21/02/2013 at 09:02
Do you really need the internet to talk to yourself?
21/02/2013 at 12:08
Of course she does, sometimes she gets sensible replies
21/02/2013 at 14:20
Not from us she doesn't ;0)
21/02/2013 at 15:10
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
Not from us she doesn't ;0)

No from herself Silly (although not always)

21/02/2013 at 15:29

Aaaaah, that's where I left that bag of frogs! 

On a serious note, Karen - they don't break your toes and correct, they tend to fuse the bones, which limits mobility and would almost definitely put an end to running.

14/05/2013 at 17:45

Available from BES Rehab Ltd 0845 1300 237. Company based in Bristol.   They have the full range.

I have a pair of ankle socks.  Very comfortable.

14/05/2013 at 17:54

These socks would definitely not result in fused toes.  They exert a gentle pressure on the muscles which supports the foot and helps to draw the hallux back into position.  They also help to prevent further deviation of the hallux (big toe).  The effect of the socks when running should be to support the muscles and  help prevent pain from increased deviation and subluxation of the first metatarsal and hallux at the first mtp joint.

Prices range approximately £10 - £25 depending on the size of sock you select.. The company is a member of the British Health Trades Association so you can tell them not to put you on their mailing list and they will listen.  They don't sell their mailing list on to other companies either.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.