ADDIDAS SUPERNOVA CONTROL

4 messages
28/09/2003 at 14:41
I am thinking about investing in a pair of Addidas Supernova's.My two previous pairs have been Mizuno Wave Mavericks and Nike Structure Triax, can i expect the same or more from the Supernova's. ANY advice would be most appreciated.

the Supernova's
28/09/2003 at 21:05
My experience of adidas is that they are an acquired taste. They tend to come up narrower and 1/2 to a whole size smaller for the equivalent UK size than the shoes you have tried before ( e.g if you take a UK 9 in mizuno you'll probably need a UK 9.5/10 in an adidas). Stability wise the supernova controls in theory fall somewhere between the mizunos and the nikes. As ever, best to try on before purchasing - and also question yourself why you are changing brands. Why change if no previous problems ?
29/09/2003 at 08:18

I have really liked the feel of the supernovas, but as Whistle says they are narrow in the forefoot, which is why I chnaged. I used the cushion, but a friend of mine wears the controls. These are meant to be wider in the forefoot. He says they run like a cushion shoe, but with control. They seem to be lighter than other control shoes for some excellent cushioning. However, they only seem to last about 400-500 miles, rather than the higher amounts you get with, say, ASICS.

If the cusion were slightly wider in the forefoot I would change back like a shot, they are a really great shoe for long winter training runs and are light enough for longer races too. (340g for size 8.5 UK)

djb
29/09/2003 at 08:54
Thanks for your opinions fellas, the reason i was thinking about changing was because the shoe has had such rave reviews.I think i will sick to the Mizuno Wave Mavericks, as my feet are quite wide and therefore think i would have problems with the narrow forefoot.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.