Adidas Boost Trainers, anyone had a run in a pair yet?

201 to 206 of 206 messages
09/05/2013 at 20:54

Got the energy boost and have some adios boost waiting at the post office to be picked up - Ilike them, but at £110 they are overpriced (but then with Adidas 15% off voucher and Sweatshops discount voucher they both cost under a hundred).  I wish I'd got another half size bigger (than the 1.2. size bigger I got) in the energy boost though - good for up to 10K but after that my feet swell a bit.  Got a whole size up for the Adios.

04/06/2013 at 19:47

well energy boost. have let me down what a waste of money went out in them today 10 mile round the park and the fabric has started to split. Ive mentioned before about the soles. CAN NOW DEFFO SAY WASTE OF MONEY...... I admit ive done a Marathon in them 1x half and a few 10ks but shouldl last longer VERY very poor........

12/06/2013 at 13:09

i have run two half marathons and the brighton marathon in the energy boost and i have to say i am impressed. Consistently below 1:30 on the HM now when it used to be 1:30 - 1:40 and the brighton marathon was 3:12 which was only 6mins of a pb on the flat course of Berlin. Deffo a tight fit and as all the boost is in the heel it would encourage people to heelstrike whereas i forefoot strike. Will buy the Adistar ones for Berlin this year and hoping for more of the same.

19/08/2013 at 11:23

The adios boost are now available in a few uk retailers. Just bought a pair and should be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to trying them out.

25/08/2014 at 18:35

I recently bought a pair of Adidas Energy Boost 2 trainers. They fit very snugly on my quite narrow feet but people with wider feet might need to go up a half size. The front uppers are completely free of any reinforcement ribs so its a bit like having a stretchy sock over your foot.  In terms of fit and feel, very good. Light too. However, Adidas market the boost range by saying the sole foam "returns energy" which might lead you to think you will either tire less or run quicker.  Not so.  The high level of cushioning does just that - it cushions and absorbs energy making a soft feel but these shoes are certainly not quick. I think it defies physics to be both absorbent and return energy. So these shoes should be fine for adding miles in training (on roads) but no good for racing, for which I'll stick to my old "fast shoes" -Saucony's 

26/08/2014 at 13:28

Jury out so far - bought some Supernova Glide 'boost' and they are OK, but i'm worried they feel too squishy and i'm having to pull my feet up off the floor too much, I prefer the feel of Adiprene tbh.

A nice slice of adiprene in the heel would give it a bit more bounce. I suppose I loike the feel of the road a bit, rather than bouncing on air...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
201 to 206 of 206 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.